Friday, February 24, 2006

A Mighty Ring of Onion

Hi folks -- I'm working on this week's Guest Editor's picks and a few other blog entries; I will get those up later this afternoon.

In the meantime, here's something I encountered as I was eating my lunch -- a mighty Ring of Onion that is no doubt imbued with special powers:

Ring of Onion in Hand

As you can see, there is a handle in the middle. Not only does this increase dipping ease, but I have not yet ruled out the possibility that it can be used as some sort of batter-dipped buckler or shield.

Ring of Onion in Hand

At rest. See how it resembles a heraldic bend sinister; also the international "No" symbol (a.k.a. the Ghostbusters symbol).

Ring of Onion in Hand

Lastly, in this orientation, it resembles the Greek letter Theta.

I am still trying to determine what mystical powers this Ring of Onion possesses -- I will let you know if I come to any conclusions. Thanks -- Joe

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe I hope you didn't eat it lol...Ally

Anonymous said...

One word Joe...EBAY.

Anonymous said...

LOL!  How cool...
I agree w/ the ebay thing!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Clearly this magical "Curling Stone Onion Ring" this is a celebration of the winter games and our historic BRONZE medal in Men's Curling.

USA! USA! USA!

BV

Anonymous said...

I think you could start a business :).
Betty

Anonymous said...

Always saw you as the Lord of the Onion Rings.....

Anonymous said...

 You are sadly in need of something to do, Honey...but I won't tell if you won't.

LOLLL

andi

Anonymous said...

Even your food services slips a beta test into the wild every now and then.

Anonymous said...

Circle with a slash through it...hmm, isn't that the "no onion ring" sign?
http://journals.aol.com/mlskysprto/TheLifeofaGayVisualArtist

Anonymous said...

Colonbuster!