Friday, September 19, 2008

What A Thrill !



What a thrill to be invited to be a Guest Editor ! 


My name is Linda
and I've lived in the beautiful Pacific Northwest all my life.  Other
than living in eastern Washington as a baby/toddler with my mom when my
dad was overseas during World War II....I've always lived in the same
town... within a 10 miles radius of where I grew up.  After 47 years of
working I retired February 1, 2007 and
I'm loving it!  I've taken my readers on several long road trips up and
down the west coast...and on three cruises.  You've been to the Pacific
Ocean coast with me, and to the Puyallup Fair.   I love taking you all along on my adventures. And pack your bags because I'm about to take off on another adventure.  


In 2005 my daughter, Julie, kept telling me about AOL JLand
and all the neat and interesting people she was meeting.  I read her
journal and decided "I can do that!"  I had many pen pals as a student
in Junior High School and this would be no different~well it would be a
little different...no paper, pen or stamps would be involved.  So on
May 6, 2005 I posted my first journal entry.  I didn't even tell my
daughter...but somehow she discovered it and put the word out.  So,
that's how it all began~my great collection of"electronic" pen pals.
Sadly, my daughter later decided to quit her journal and I do miss it.


I have been
blessed to get to know so many wonderful people, all over the world,
 in the last 3 plus years.  So many, in fact, I can't begin to name you
all.  I've been able to share in your good times and bad times...happy
and sad times.  Many of you have been added to my prayer list when
there were things going on in your lives that needed a little extra help from above. 


One of the first commenter's in my journal was Sandra over in the U.K. And Sandra's journal "Sandra's Scribbles" was one of the first I began reading.  There are other journals from the U.K. that I began reading early on also.  Ally writes "Life with Ally",  Jan writes "Serendipity" and Jeannette writes a private journal  "Welcome to My Travels." 


Then there's a journal that I just began reading, recently.  I heard about it from Beth & Ken (aka Bucko).  The journal is "The Wildcat's Lair" written by Bill.  This man is amazing~if you love cats and/or cartoons be sure and check out this journal.


Living in
Florida is my dear friend Robin~a mom and an Air Force
wife......holding down the fort when her husband is called away in the
service of his country. I just wish he was stationed at the base a few
miles from me~then we could share
a cup of tea  & hit the local thrift shops when he's away.  I know
most of you know Robin but if you don't stop by "
The Yellow Brick Road" and say hi to a sweet gal.


Down in southern California are three ladies that have been such an inspiration to me~ Betty writes "Koda's Corgi Tales." We (my kitty Gabi & I) love to hear about Koda's escapades and I am blessed by Betty's spiritual insight.  Kathy writes "A Little Left of Center II." She's a wife, mom and grandma and  she recently took us with her on her journey to Italy.  Kelli writes "noonmom." Kelli is married to Rusty and is a homemaker with teenage children   She fosters kittens, and does wonderful things for the Marines at the local Marine Base. Thank you Kelli for all you do for returning Marines.


Also in California is another Linda.  She write's "Foot Prints In The Sand." 
Linda's busy life makes me tired sometimes but I love reading about all
the activities of her family. She takes great pictures and someday, I'm
going to her house and pick all her flowers !!  And my Gabi thinks her Raisin is one handsome cat. 


Just about 60 miles north of me is JaeShe writes "The Gag Order"
She works in a pet boarding facility & writes hilarious stories of
her adventuresat work, and her life with her 14 yr old son & her
sisters.


I'm always interested to see what Meg is "In Quest Of."  I love to read her thoughts and see her lovely pictures.


And speaking of pictures....even though I'll always be just an amateur photographer, I love reading each new entry from Greg.  He write's "Photo Trek." He has lots of hints and tips for all who love to take pictures.


In Pennsylvania is Lisa who writes " Life On A Bison Farm."  She and her family have a 230 acre farm, where virtually no animal who needs a home, is turned away.  I particularly love to hear the stories of the many cats that live in the cat house, barn and main house on the bison farm.


Also on the east
coast is a dear man, a retired actor, who makes me think.  Sometimes my
brain hurts trying to figure out his weekend word puzzles.  If you
haven't already, stop by and say hi to my friend,DB, who writes "
Vagabond Journeys."


Way down in the
other corner of this country, in Florida,  is a crazy guy who makes me
laugh.  Everyday, at almost the same time  I get that alert from Jimmy
who writes "
Jimmy's Journal." And Gabi has a little crush on his cat Possum S. Hemingway who also has his own journal. I'm proud to be an honorary member of his "Area 51."


I would be remiss if I didn't thank some of our very special people for all they do for the rest of us in JLand.  Thank you Sugar for your entries on pet care and pet hints. And also for you "Pet Loss Memorial Journal."   Krissy & Val, sisters in life and friends to us all.  Thank you for your contributions to "Magic Smoke." And the fun games you post in your journals.   Guido, thank you for your storm tracking, and for creating the "Call for Support" journal. If you're not aware this journal~it's available for all of us to post a "call for support" when one of our Jland friends is in need of added support.  Jeannette in the U.K. also is such a blessing to Jland.  We thank you Jeannette (Jeannette's Jottings)  for "These We Have Loved."
Another public journal where any of you can post an entry.  A journal
where we are all able to memorialize a loved one and/or a friend.  I
also want to thank Donna for making JLand beautiful. Her journal "
This and that and hockey"
is not only the story of her day to day life but Donna continually
creates beautiful name tags for anyone who wishes them.  And also
thanks to Linda for her beautiful Saturday Snags.  Linda writes "The Long ClimbBack Up"


There are so many other folks out there that are special to me.  You know who you are.  Please keep writing to keep JLand the special place that it is.  


Thank you for the honor of being this weeks's Guest Editor.



http://journals.aol.com/lsfp1960/LindasWorld/

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being selected as guest editor. As you know, I enjoy reading your journal, hearing about things up in the northwest and of course, seeing those pictures of Gabi.

I'm pleased to see another AREA 51 member as guest editor. Most of the others have not yet made bail.

Lovingly
Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Linda, great entry. Congrats on being the guest editor. Have a good trip, Bill

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Linda.  Really nice entry and so many journals named.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on being Guest Editor, doing my little happy dancer fer ya, WOO HOO!
You're so right, there are a lot of great journals out there.
TY for mentioning my namw. Huggies to you.
Sugar
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/MYBELOVEDFURRBABIES/
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/MEMORIAL4JLANDPETS/


Anonymous said...

Congratulations Linda! WOW...so many wonderful people...some you mentioned I do read, like Lisa and Robin..and Jimmy. :) I will have to check out some of the others you mentioned. :) I know this was quite the thrill indeed. Have a nice weekend! Hugs, Kelly

Anonymous said...

Linda, you did a wonderful job being Guest Editor.  Congrats on the honor!  Thank you for the mention.  I will have to take a look at the ones I've never seen yet.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

congrats on being guest editor, Linda!! Gabi is so cute with you in that picture!!
thanks for including me in your great list of journals!!! what an honor that was for me to be included with all those wonderful people!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

this weekend I'll go and visit everyone on your list and give them my best :)

betty

Anonymous said...

congrats linda on your guest editorial! fabulous entry. take care mrs t xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Gabi! you are too cute!
and how cool your mom is guest editor this week and what a great job she did!!!
thank you for the mention of me and Raisin among all these great journals.... you are welcome to come pick flowers any time.....
Everyone have a great weekend!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of you and Gabi!!!!  Thanks for picking me~that check is in the mail.  LOL

All great picks and some of them I am already reading cause you sent me in their direction!  Can't wait til you get back from this next cruise...you are becoming quite the world traveler!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest pic of you and Gabi!    You made some very fine picks here...and thank you for putting me in with such a great line up.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Excellent set of journals you're highlighting, Linda. And thanks for plugging my wee blogs.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Linda, for naming me one of your picks.  Now, I better go write something smart and inventive to live up to this honor.  LOL
Hugs, Kathy

Anonymous said...

love the picture!!!  You picked some great journals...  and I so thank you for giving me a plug.
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Linda, what an honor for you!! I love the picture of you....it is priceless :) All the journals your chose are so wonderful, and I'm excited to see a couple I don't know, and will be checking out soon. Thank you for the mention....how very sweet of you.

Love & Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being Guest Editor Linda!!  I can't wait to check out all these new journals... (well, new to me.... LOL!!)

Joann

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Linda on being invited to be Guest Editor ~ that is a lovely picture of you and Gabi ~ and thankyou for including my Journal in your picks ~ I do read quite a few of those you mention but am going to check out the others ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda and Gabi!  Gabi is my favorite itty bitty kitty!  LOL  Give her a pat for me... awww... This is chock-full of wonderful journals, Linda!  Thanks for the mention, that was so sweet.  Congrats on being Guest editor, too!  Hugs, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/JoyInTheRain

Anonymous said...

nice

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention Linda, your week as guest editor has been very entertaining and I`ve enjoyed reading each one. Well done.  Enjoy your road trip and I hope to hear all about it when you return. Safe journey. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Dear Linda ,thankyou so much for mentioning me ,Ifound a lovely friend in you ,I havent been on line much of late to hope soon to be able to rectify this have a great holiday ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Dear Linda ,thankyou so much for mentioning me ,Ifound a lovely friend in you ,I havent been on line much of late to hope soon to be able to rectify this have a great holiday ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Linda, I have to take a moment to congratulate you on your new status as guest editor.  This is really cool, and I am very happy for you.  You can only imagine how exicted I was to see that you mentioned Photo Trek in such a short list of great journals.  Thanks!  I hope you enjoy your tenure as editor.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Linda, congrats on being guest editor!  And thanks for the mention, you're a sweetie!  

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink  

Anonymous said...

congrats on your guest editor stint.  my cat is myspace friends with possum s sparrows...

and this was before i knew about jimmy's journal.  the world is a mighty small place sometimes.

regards

xxalainaxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being guest editor Linda, very well deserved! Thanks for mentioning me too. I hope you have a lovely trip, I know how you love cruising the high seas! Enjoy! Jeannette xx