Tuesday, September 30, 2008

1 November

On this date:

All AOL Journals will be deleted, and no longer be accessible. Their content will be migrated to Blogger before that time - again, TBC.
All files, images, data, hosted on AOL Hometown will be deleted and no longer be accessible. It is advisable to download photo albums hosted on AOL Pictures (see procedure a couple of entries back) and host them somewhere else.

I've got to leave it to Vish to alleviate concerns regarding the private journals - I'm just giving technical support and relaying whatever info comes my way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad you are being bombarded with so many questions but we are all so concerned.  I hope the migration will move smoothly.  

I wish I were more computer savy in order to help out but I don't know how to help myself.  I do know I don't want to lose both my Journals and all their entries.

I tried copying my Journals over to my Word Document but that did not work too well.  Plus, all my animated graphics are there but of course not moving.  Oh my............I've been a wreck about this all day.  

I've relied on my Journals every day to be there for me.

Hugs, Rose  
I'm thinking positive that things will be o.k. but I will need some of your help along the way.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Vish for working so hard on this--it is NOT his fault, folks--and thanks to you, Guido, for assisting. I'm leaving my AOL journal open for now to try to help with questions. If I have an answer, I'll try to help.

Beth
http://journals.aol.com/luvrte66/nutwoodjunction/
http://nutwoodjunction.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

All good thinks must come to end.  Who knows, we might all enjoy blogger more than aol.
Missie                            

Anonymous said...

HELLO:

    FROM JOUNRAL OWER C.E. BLANCHARD GRECIA  plus SHOCKZONES CORNER OF THE WEB.  TRY TO SAVE YOUR WORK ON MY SPACE (BLOG IT) .  GOOGLE IS ALSO TRYING TO HELP SAVE YOUR HOWNTOWN AND JOUNRALS... GOOD LUCK.

AS OBCB MUSIC PUBLISHING I WOULD LOVE TO HELP IN OUR DIGITAL CYBER SEARCHES: I HAVE INVENTED THE FORM FOR WINDOWS MEDIA AND REAL PLAYER G-2 THUR 8.0.  YOU CAN FIND PRINTABLE FORMS IN MSN's SPACES.
LOOK FOR SHOCKZONE OR GRECIANMARS..  ENJOY THE SURFING AND GOOD LUCK IN YOUR MUSICAL SEARCHES...            C.E.B.G.