Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dormant journals

Guido wrote:


I do restate my concerns about blogs which are not being updated
(temporarily or permanently), and a very sore point would be those
journals that were written by those that have since passed away. Will
the transfer to Blogger be an active, or a passive move - by that I
mean: do we as users have to make a move, or will AOL do it for us,
whether we are actively involved in that or not.


Vish's reply:

Unfortunately, this will be
an opt-in process. Meaning users will have to create an account on
Blogger, and go to the migration page and request for the migration.
So, dormant blogs will be lost..sadly.


Guido's comment:
I have requested the dormant blogs to be copied over to my Blogger account. I'll probably be inundated with blogs on November 1st, but I don't care. If anyone has any thoughts or problems with that, please leave a comment. There is a procedure on Blogger to transfer ownership of a blog.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW do we save AOL journals right now? I have private ones. They are NOT listed in my FTP space. How do we migrate the AOL journals to blogger NOW?

Anonymous said...

how sad..guido if you need some help please let me know. It would be awful to loose those journals. mrs t xx

Anonymous said...

If you already have a blogger account, can AOL Journal  be transferred over using the same opened account??????

Hugs, Rose

Oh this is so upsetting.  I moved from Blogger.com to AOL Journals because it was easier to use with other features that I enjoyed with the picture feature, etc.

Anonymous said...

Will someone be kind enough to explain where we can find this procedure on Blogger to transfer ownership??

Thanks!
~Jennifer

Anonymous said...

....same question someone else asked...I already Have a Blogger account (I thought this might be coming down the pike for AOL Journals)....how do we find the 'migration page' that is referred to, and is it possible to transfer our AOL Journal to our current Blogger account?

Thanks! for any help about this!!
Kathi
(sad to see AOL Journals going)

Anonymous said...

That is so very thoughtful of you Guido.  Perhaps you could start a blogger account JUST for the dormant journals, to be kept separate from your own account, or a blogspot just for the dorman journals, to be kept separate from your own blogspot if you have one.  Let me know too, if I can be of any assistance.
Lori
http://lori-dustypages.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

you have made me cry..
bless you,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Guido ...  I am weeping.  To know that you would take the process of dormant blogs over ... oh my word.  I would be happy to keep and store my Dear Friend Walt's blog.  He's been gone over a year now and his wife does not journal.  Point me in the right direction ... please?

Anonymous said...

Guido, you don't know me but I've been in J-land since Feb '04. I am touched by your offer to keep track of all the dormant blogs. The thought of them all being lost is heartbreaking. I hope that you are able to accomplish this, and that we will be able to still visit our dear lost friends again. Thank you so much - Phinney