Friday, September 12, 2008

Guest Editor

 I must say I was very excited to be asked to be guest editor!  My name is Rosemary and I am a certified life coach.  The name of my journal is called Inspiration.  Life Coaching is a relatively new field and I created my journal so that people would be able to learn about the coaching process and how it can help them.


You also may know me from Thursdays here at Magic Smoke... as I host the Challenge YOURSELF Challenge.  


                                                


As a coach my job is to help you see your life in a radically different light, challenge you to create the changes you desire, and help you develop a plan to over come your fears, challenges and dilemma's.  I love my job.  I love working with people and seeing the look on their face (or hear the surprise in their voice) when I ask a question that helps them see their life through a whole new perspective.

 
With the first taste of crisp fall air that is felt at dusk, thoughts of October start to creep into my mind.  October is my favorite month of they year.  It is also the month I dread the most.  I love October because I love the fall.  I live in an area where the harvest truly is a festival!  Besides the pumpkins, apples and corn, the grapes for the wine are ready to be picked.  October also holds my favorite holiday of all, HALOWEEN!

 

October also brings to mind some terrible changes that have happened to me.  It is the month that my best friend, my mother, and my father died.  It is the month that my life came crashing down around me and had to be rebuilt.  October has come to be a time of changes and challenges.

 

Changes and challenges seem to be the overall theme of many of you who write journals here on AOL.  When thinking of whose journals to mention here it was very difficult.  Many of the journals I read have already been mentioned here, or in blog plugs, or been a guest editor them self.  As I thought about it I decided to mention two, that I have never seen mentioned here at all.

 

One of them is "My Extremely Simple Life" written by Joyce.  Joyce has reached a time in her life where she has the wisdom and health to be able to enjoy where she is.  She shares with us her every day life which she often says is "simple", but that I think is filled with the peace and joy that comes with understanding the beauty that can be found in just "being".  She also takes us down memory lane and shares her past with us.  This I find truly to be a treat as she has had a very interesting journey!

 

The other journal I would like to mention is "Good Mourning" written by Doreen.  Doreen used to live on Long Island, not too far from where I live now.  We "met" when she found me in J-land.  She shares what challenges she is facing while coping with the tragedy of losing her daughter to suicide.  Somewhere in her grief she is reaching for hope and a sense of community.  I am very impressed with her strength.

 

Have a great weekend!

Fondly

Rosemary

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I take it she doesn't actually write it "Extreamly?"

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Congrats Rosemary....I love what you wrote about October (and how you tied it into the journals).   Oct. is my favorite month too...it's when I was born!    
Sorry for all your losses though....

Nancy

Anonymous said...

My father died in October as well (last year) -- may their memories bring you more joy than pain.

BTW, well this photo of you is appealling, the one of you on the entry that'd been deleted, I like more.  

Anonymous said...

Our lives do have many twists and turns but it is always a journey. Congrats on being guest editor.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Thank you Rosemary.  I am humbled that you mention me as a Guest Editor Pick.  Oh, and congrats on being chosen as Guest Editor.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

congrats on being guest editor!!! I know Joyce's journal well! will check out the other one!

great picture of you!! enjoy your weekend!

betty

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Too bad you could only think of two journals out of the thousands and thousands out "there" that have never been mentioned! for instance, Old timer (lol, just becauses she has been a member of AOL-J-Land for so long) is Jae Of The Gag Order. That's just one. Lori from Dusty Pages, Lisa from Coming to Terms with Middle Age. And those are off the top of my head!  And I am not even going to mention the incredible blogs outside the walls of AOL!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!  It's about time.
Missie:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being Guest Editor, Rosemary!  Your picture is great too.  And thanks for suggesting some blogs we haven't read before!  As for those complaining commenters below, who said you should have mentioned MORE blogs, how many of them visited the two you DID mention?  I wonder if they even bothered to go visit.  I know I was the only one who left a comment in the second blog, as far as I could see.  If there were any other commenters, there was maybe just one...  Come on, those of you who are running your mouth at Rosemary, visit this blogger (Doreen from Good Mourning) and comment instead of running your mouth at Rosemary!  She's not promoting herself, she is giving an introduction to herself, as ALL guest editors do.  

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Okay, it looks like four of you have put a comment on Doreen's blog - while I was writing my comment.  Good!  She'll be glad to get the comments!  Those of you who have complained have still not commented.  I am not the comment police, but like I said, don't ask for more blogs, if you are not going to visit and comment on the ones given to you. ;)

Anyway, I just wanted to say I was wrong in stating that nobody had visited Doreen.

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Great pic!!  Congrats on being Guest Editor!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

h