Monday, September 22, 2008

What's the Caption? Wednesday poll #23: Take 2!


 
Hi Caption Game players!  Krissy coming at ya!  It's so nice to be back.   I want to ask you all for forgiveness for having had neglected this game for two weeks.  But I have had several family emergencies, one of which was my Mom breaking her neck.  I think you will excuse me for my laxness as of late - as I did need to help my family out.  The same goes for Val -- she was sorely needed also.  I am sure you understand. 

 

Okay, now on to regular business!  That would be the poll.  I bet by now you've taken a look below and noticed Val and I have started using a new poll site to help us to create and run the caption polls.  It's just something Val and I are trying out.  We may stick with it, or we may go back to AOL polls.  We'll see.

 

Now let's get on with "What's the Caption? Wednesday" poll #23.   

 

We would like you to vote in "What's the Caption? Wednesday" poll #23 in THIS entry.  It doesn't matter if you voted two weeks ago.  Those votes are being thrown out.  Everything is started fresh.  So please, everybody, vote in "What's the Caption? Wednesday" poll #23, right here in this entry.    

 

Okay, let's go over a few of the old rules, although you probably remember them anyway:  We want the most popular caption of the poll below to win.  We don't want a popularity contest, so don't vote for your favorite author, vote for your favorite caption!  Please vote only once.  Please don't campaign for votes.  Remember, you are on your honor!

 

You have until 9 AM EDT, Wednesday, September 24, to vote.  

 


On Wednesday morning after the votes have been officially recorded, the winner will be announced here in Magic Smoke, and will receive an award logo for their sidebar.  Then on that same morning, or possibly on Thursday morning, Valerie and I will post a new photo, and another round of "What's the Caption? Wednesday" will begin!  So please put Magic Smoke on alerts so you will always be ready to play the game! 

 

Now, have fun and vote!... 




 


Please remember that voting ends at 9 AM EDT on Wednesday, September 24, 2008. 

 

"What's the Caption? Wednesday" was created and is run by Krissy of Sometimes I Think and Valerie of  There is a Season.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for fixing

Anonymous said...

Like the new poll. I fully understand having family problems. You two do fine with your weekly games and I for one enjoy them, Thanke, Bill

Anonymous said...

I fully understand, one's offscreen life must come first, especially when those we love need us; you always do the right thing.  Nice new poll format, are you going to keep this current poll style?
~S~
http://journals.aol.com/penlady708/notable-quotables/
http://journals.aol.com/penlady708/its-pen-demonium/

Anonymous said...

Wishing your Mom the best. Paula

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you, your family, and of course your mom.
xo,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I like this poll setup.
Wishing everyone well
connie

Anonymous said...

I like this new poll...........hope it works out well for everyone.

Hugs, Rose

Anonymous said...

My vote is in.

*M*

Anonymous said...

My vote is in, too!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

thanks Val and Krissy!! praying for you/family/mom

I proudly cast my vote :)

betty

Anonymous said...

I really like this new way of voting.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

My vote is in too.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

wishing your mother
a speedy recovery

Anonymous said...

Very sorry to hear about your Mom. Thoughts and prayers are with her.
Laura

Anonymous said...

Can anybody see the photo (of the scared boy and the horse looking into the car) on the top of the poll at this time (Wednesday afternoon)?  I can't see the photo any longer.  Please let me know if you see the photo or not, in the comments section below.    

I am going to have to change how I create the poll, I guess, if I want the photos to remain above the poll, after we vote.  I would want to do this b/c the poll entries would look much better in the future with the photos in them, then without, when somebody came along and stumbled upon the entries in Magic Smoke.  If somebody were to check out the entry in the future, and saw the poll above with no picture to be voted on, the entry would be pretty meaningless and even irritating.    

I believe the reason the photo disappeared is b/c I put in a date & time for the poll to close.  The software apparently closes the poll at this time (allows no more votes to be cast), but also removes the photo from the poll.  Eegads, I didn't know that was going to happen!  If I knew it was, I wouldn't have created the closing of the poll feature.  I did use this feature b/c I thought it would be easier for Valerie and me.  We always wake up and do a screen shot - capture the winner, at the right time each week, the predetermined stated time.  I felt that if I used the software feature we wouldn't have to do it manually anymore -- the software would do it for us.  But if it is going to remove the photo when the game ends, it is not worth having this feature.  Valerie and I will merely once again begin to view the winner manually at the appropriate time.  And capture the screenshot manually.  This is no problem.  We have always been exactly on time before!  Hope this all makes sense!  I want to get the photos back in the entries -- they make the entries look nice and make sense!

Krissy :)  of kriss