Friday, March 10, 2006

New Guest Editor's Picks for 3/10

Hi everybody. As posted to the Journals Message Board, our new Guest Editor's Picks are up on the Journals Main Page:

Guest Editor Brian

This week, our Guest Editor is Brian, an actor and singer (with a day job) who lives in Knoxville and loves pop culture. Stop by his Journal, All the Makings of Insanity and check out his top blog picks:

* These Are The Days of Our Lives
* No Seriously ...
* Mortimer's Cafe
* Life or Something Like It 2
* This Is Me
* You Think You Know ...

For Brian's promo on the Journal main page, I had originally gone with "Tennessee Volunteer", which is descriptive but not terribly compelling. I replaced it with what's there, "Signs Point to 'Sing'", which doesn't really mean anything, but it references both Magic 8-Balls and the fact that he's a singer.

Headline and promo writing is an art, not a science.

Don't forget, if you want your own chance at being a Guest Editor, send me an e-mail at JournalsEditor@aol.com. Please don't forget to include a link to your blog.

Also, fine spring-like weather on the east coast notwithstanding, if you can think of six blogs that people simply must know about, this weekend might the perfect time for you to put together your blog Six-Pack Picks and share them with me and all the other Journalers.

It's also good practice if you think you might ever like to be a Guest Editor, or if you just want to pimp the blogs of some of your friends.

I have a couple of other items I want to try to get to before I head out tonight. Will I succeed? In the words of the immortal philosopher Sammy Hagar:

"Only time will tell if we stand the test of time."

Thanks -- Joe

Tag:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Joe! interesting !
hugs,natalie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Oh wow.  I didn't even realize I was one of his top blog picks until now.  Cool!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so i have a question...why is the font here soooooooooo small?  It's like this on my journal too, under comments and at the top...the date etc...is there a way to change my settings so it's bigger.  A friend told me to ask  you...i wasn't sure how to email you, or even if that was possible...sorry for taking up your comments for this but it's really been driving me nuts...is this just an aol tingy or MY computer?  Like as i'm typing this it's soooooooo small i can barely read it.  Got any ideas?  You can write me back at...Kelli19243385@aol.com...thanks

Kel