Friday, March 31, 2006

It's Finally Spring (Outside)

Hi folks -- so, it's like, boiling outside right now (a whole 74 degrees):

AOL Weather conditions for Sterling

And yet, here I am inside, wearing a fleece:

Journals Editor Joe in Fleece

(Note: Actual amount of zipperage may be exaggerated for dramatic effect.)

Sharp-eyed readers may see my Darth Tater in the background, although I have to admit, that's not his usual spot -- I moved him so he could be in the shot.

Oh, and don't bother scanning my whiteboard for clues or trade secrets -- I haven't updated it in a few months.

Moving on, I will get this week's Guest Editor's picks up in a bit. In the meantime, since it's spring, check out this entry from our buddies at Slashfood; as you're going about your spring cleaning, here's a guide to basic things everybody should have in their pantries.

It's simple stuff that you use everyday, and it's also stuff that's essential if you find yourself having to cook something on short notice. (And that bit about dried pasta lasting a really long time? I can vouch for that -- I still use boxes of pasta from supermarkets that don't exist anymore.)

Of course, there are essentials, and then there are essentials -- now that the food is covered, let's not forget the drink -- from last Sunday's Washington Post, here's a list of essentials items for every home bar.

Thanks -- Joe

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Love your Darth Tater!! Wish it was a bit nearer 74degrees here in blighty!!

Anonymous said...

My vision is good...I can see where you wrote 'Scalzi is a doofus.'

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

The Invisible Man is behind you in that shot, or you need to use less starch in your shirts.

Anonymous said...

Happy Spring Joe, quite cute all zipped up in fleece BTW.
I'm looking for the entry you did on hit counters and resetting
them after they've been zeroed out, thanks.

                       *** Coy ***

http://journals.aol.com/coy1234787/Dancingintherain

Anonymous said...

Hi Coy -- here's how to change your hit counter using the File Manager:
http://journals.aol.com/journalseditor/magicsmoke/entries/622

It's also linked in the sidebar on my main page -- it's got a whole bunch of How To entries.

Thanks -- Joe (posted & mailed)