Monday, March 27, 2006

Monday Not-Morning Update

Hi folks -- hope you had a good weekend. Here's a picture I snapped on campus just now; some folks have been busy all morning setting up stuff on the lawn (which are those black boxes you can see stacked up):

Boxes on Campus

Apparently, it's for some sort of shindig this week (yay), though it's for some other group (boo).

It's kind of a crummy pic, but that's only because it's a zoom/crop of this wider shot here, which is a bit more interesting, because of the blue, cloudless sky and the leading lines of the sidewalk:

Wide Shot

The building on the left is CC2; the one on the right is CC1, which is where I am.

This being Monday, I am catching up on all my mails and such from my various accounts. I do owe responses out to bunches of folks, so apologies if you've written to me lately and haven't heard back from me yet.

In other news, local college and #11 seed George Mason is off to the Final 4 in Indianapolis. (Note: Do not confuse this George Mason with this George Mason.)

I know a lot of folks in the area who have gone to or are going to Mason, so congratulations to all you Patriots.

Blogger John wrote about it; also, Mister Irrelevant himself, Jamie Mottram, goes one (even two) better, since he was at the Verizon Center for the regional final -- see his thoughts and photos from the game, blogged.

Also, in the spirit of nepotism, see perpetual-intern Chris's entries in his Saved by the Blog (remember: he hates because he fears).

Thanks -- Joe

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe - I posted pics of the work on Dulles green too - http://journals.aol.com/armughanjavaid/IDIC   ... great [blog] minds think alike?.... :)

Anonymous said...

You don't know the half of it -- I was going to to go up that staircase to get a shot, too... -- Joe

Anonymous said...

gee whiz? what do you think of next?
"rein":)

Anonymous said...

Hello Joe here it is March 29,2006 AND ALL I have to say that it was one tuff fight it was all about making me look like a fool,and whats realy hard to swallow,all the great friends that I would love to share my life with,I know sounds like a sad story but hey was I ever a quiter,with your heartacks and if I live thru this ,and write a book,I promice to share,but do me a favor never fall in love!  If you don't here from me soon watch your backs there will be a civil war,check out Parade.com,,I am proud of that anyway love ya all!     Smiles      Pizza on me hope to here some great storys,and I know some choice words,don't worry du du here!