Monday, March 6, 2006

Meme Quiz: Join Up and See the Universe

I'll have to tread softly so I don't encroach on the territory of our resident science fiction expert, blogger John (who recently blogged about a science fiction plot generator), but I ran into a meme that's been going around the big ole sphere o' blogs (a meme is an idea that has a life of its own -- like a virus, it spreads, seemingly of its own will):
"Your Ultimate Sci-Fi Profile II: Which Sci-Fi Crew Would You Best Fit In?"

Some of the questions are obviously a bit leading, though I was kind of surprised by my results:
You scored as Nebuchadnezzar (The Matrix).

You can change the world around you. You have a strong will and a high technical aptitude. Is it possible you are the one? Now if only Agent Smith would quit beating up your friends.

Nebuchadnezzar (The Matrix)               94%
Moya (Farscape)                                  75%
Babylon 5 (Babylon 5)                          69%
Deep Space Nine (Star Trek)               69%
SG-1 (Stargate)                                    69%
Galactica (Battlestar: Galactica)             63%
Bebop (Cowboy Bebop)                      63%
Serenity (Firefly)                                   63%
Andromeda Ascendant (Andromeda)    56%
FBI's X-Files Division (The X-Files)     44%
Enterprise D (Star Trek)                       44%
Millennium Falcon (Star Wars)             38%
I wouldn't have figured I was a rebel from the Matrix. I retook the test -- the results changed slightly, but the Nebuchadnezzar crew was still in the top spot.

Now, me, I'm not usually one for Web personality quizzes and such, but I liked the subject material.

How about you? Unleash your inner sci-fi geek and let me know: Who's Your Crew?

Thanks -- Joe

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got Stargate-SG-1. Go figure aliens are always tryin to take over my body.....
Tawnya

http://tawnyasjournal.blogspot.com  

Anonymous said...

I got scored as "Serenity," which is okay because, you know, I'm cool that way and stuff.  

Anonymous said...

Serenity (firefly) here...You like to live your own way and don’t enjoy when anyone but a friend tries to tell you should do different. Now if only the Reavers would quit trying to skin you. Hmmm... actually sounds about right <LOL>
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Oops, my comment got cut off (or I hit the wrong button <LOL>) That would be 100% Serenity (Firefly)

Anonymous said...

I did this a few weeks ago:
Moya (Farscape) 100%
Nebuchadnezzar (The Matrix)  94%
Millennium Falcon (Star Wars)  81%
Babylon 5 (Babylon 5)  69%
and on down from there.  I'm satisfied with this result.

I also found some fun fantasy generators the other night:
http://mavarin.livejournal.com/#entry_37009

Karen

Anonymous said...

Serenity.
Rawk!
-Paul
http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

They gave me The Cosby Kids.

Anonymous said...

dear Joe,
thanks for this... Paul likes this sort of thign too...I was at that time Moya...
again I am impressed wiht your high tech aptitude! :):) great!
natalie
ps (grinning at Monponsett..Cosby Kids eh? lol!o

Anonymous said...

I've got a choice:

Babylon 5 (Babylon 5) 69%

Moya (Farscape) 69%

Millennium Falcon (Star Wars) 69%

Nebuchadnezzar (The Matrix) 63%

Serenity (Firefly) 56%