Friday, March 17, 2006

Blog Six-Pack Picks, Part 2

So, here's the second half of your responses to the first-ever Blog Six-Pack Picks, where I asked you to pick six -- any six -- blogs, write them up in your blog, and share the link. (Here is Part 1, if you missed it.)

Krspkrmmom says The Light's On... But No One's Home and goes with six "S" blogs:

  1. The Stupidsheet Guy

  2. Something New

  3. Sometimes I Think

  4. Still Randomly Rambling...

  5. Screamin' Remo  [Private Journal]

  6. Slashfood
Xscrazychris of Abrupt Change of Topic sticks with her knitting:

  1. Yarn Harlot

  2. You Knit What??

  3. knittyBlog

  4. zibibbo Is Good

  5. Autum Sweater

  6. Team Clapotis
BoiseLadie says Welcome To My World and shows off some of her favorites:

  1. MySouthernHome

  2. Reflections of Ari

  3. Where Life Takes You...

  4. Walk with me... [Private Journal]   

  5. Blue Skies... Gentle Breezes

  6. In The Shadow Of The Iris
Mavarin over at Outpost Mâvarin highlights blogs for writers:

  1. Write Stuff

  2. Making Light

  3. Writer's Edge

  4. A Stop at Willoughby

  5. CIW: The Other Invisible!

  6. Julie's Web Journal
Delela1 from Blue Skies and Gentle Breezes shows off six Forest Friends, which I'm not going to try to explain:

  1. These are the Days of our Lives...

  2. Picture Window

  3. Welcome to My World [Private Journal]

  4. kbear's heart

  5. Grains Of Sand

  6. In My Opinion
Bgilmore725 of Wanderer gives us Teachers & more:

  1. Caregivingly Yours,

  2. Outpost Mâvarin

  3. Interface

  4. (((Reflections)))

  5. Serendipity

  6. Porch Stories
Candynkiss of Candy's Cooking took some time out from her St. Patrick's Day cooking prep:

  1. Nat's Hmmmmmm

  2. Fantasy's Realities

  3. Hitting The High Notes

  4. Live, Laugh, Love - Reminiscent Times of a Blue Eyed Lolly

  5. Dumpster Diving

  6. random thoughts and musings
Mumma4evr from Mumma4evr's life or lack thereof jumped in:

  1. dating tips for psychopaths II

  2. Dad's Views And Tomato News

  3. Stitchy McYarnpants

  4. ~~ Life with Linny ~~   

  5. Courage

  6. Just One Girls Head Noise UK
Rachaelanne21 over at Rachael Anne Rules the World, snuck in under the deadline with work blogs:

  1. Tales From the Cube Farm

  2. G²'s Cube Farm

  3. And another thing...

  4. CubicHell

  5. Waiter Rant

  6. Work-related Blogs and News
Coming in with a late, late entry (which I got just as I was about to post this, so what the heck) is Jevanslink of Mrs. Linklater's Guide to the Universe, with a Moms Six-Pack:

  1. Livin' la vida Mommy

  2. The Peach Pages

  3. Adventures of a desperately fat housewife

  4. DUST BUNNY CLUB OF NORTH AMERICA

  5. Bonanza Jellybean

  6. Anna's Crazy World
Finally, I'm not sure if this is an honorable mention or public shaming, but Lurkynat of Interface picked 16 blogs in two different entries and tried to stick me with the tough part of narrowing down her picks to a Six-Pack. Sorry, Nat, I warned you -- you have to be ruthless with this sort of thing, or at least arbitrary and capricious.

So, I think that went fairly well. I wll think about doing another edition maybe next month, or as soon and my cut-and-paste muscles uncramp.

If you have any ideas on how the Six-Pack Picks could be better, from topic, execution or display, let me know. Now go check out some blogs.

Thanks -- Joe

Tag:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what if you picked a topic monthly and had people highlight blogs about that topic?

might give you less cutting and pasting...

rachael
http://rachaelanne21.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about doing topics, but doing a subject won't change the amount of work to collect and display people's picks into blog (if I want to keep listing out each person's picks, which I think is important).

I'll be investigating outside services, or feeds, or something automated to help managing the actual publishing chores.

Thanks -- Joe

Anonymous said...

I like the format here - it's simple, informative, and easy to use for future blog jogging.  Link lists are a fair amount of work, sometimes (I know, having done some of the Round Robin ones), but it's worth it.   Just one question - how do I find the time to check out all the blogs here that I don't know?

Thanks, Joe!

Karen

Anonymous said...

Well, it's not a race, the links aren't going anywhere -- I might link them in my sidebar for easier navigation. In future, I might release them in smaller chunks -- maybe a 12 pack every few days or something. Or instead of having a deadline, maybe make it a rolling, ongoing thing. Not sure yet.

Thanks -- Joe

Anonymous said...

One thing I should mention, for people who do start clicking around on these: Blogspot has been mostly down all day.  If you can't get to some of these blogs, please give it a day or two and try again.  (Ain't technology wonderful?) - K.

Anonymous said...

how cool that Mrs. L mentioned my blog.  :-))  I have to make a stop over and thank her.  And thank you too, Joe for the advertisement.  :-))  very cool