Friday, June 1, 2007

R11b Patch Install Successful

Hi folks -- as mentioned yesterday, the R11b patch fixes were successfully installed last night at around midnight, EDT.

R11b gives us:

Classic Style: The Return of Embedded HTML AOL Pictures Albums
The primary thing you'll notice is that when you embed albums into your blog entries (using AOL Pictures), you have the option of using the old (now "Classic") HTML slideshows, as well as the 6 newer ("Animated") Flash slideshow styles.

Reminder:
* Embedded galleries you created before May 16 reverted back to the Classic style.

* Embedded galleries you created between May 16 and May 31 will stay in the new, Animated style, so if you want the Classic style, you'll need to go back and edit them.

* From now on, when you embed an album, you'll have the choice between Animated and Classic styles.

* When you edit an older entry with an embedded slideshow, if you want to keep the Classic style, make sure the round button style selector says "Classic" before you save your entry.

Other Fixes & Features
The Userplane Web Recorder, which lets you record Webcam video directly to your blog, has been enabled for Journals users in the following locales: FR (France), ES-US (Latino), GB (the United Kingdom), and CA (Canada).

(This feature is not yet available for users in DE -- Germany.)

Comments Enumeration
I mentioned this last week -- comments are now numbered. Also, the number of comments per page has been raised from 20 to 50.

Bug Fixes
Problems fixed include:
* The "pictures picker add via URL Enter key bug": hitting the Enter key will no longer cause an error -- you'll need to click the "Add Image" button from now on, though.
* A bunch of different text fixes (most of them International)
* A client hangingproblem

That's about it. Please play around and let me know if you run into any problems.

Thanks -- Joe

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am afraid my add picture fascility,hasnt happened ,I am bitterly disapointed ....Jan    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeadie05/Serendipity/

Anonymous said...

Jan -- I'm looking at your Journal and I see that you have the old-style slideshow in your May 10 entry ( http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeadie05/Serendipity/entries/2007/05/10/sandringham-craft-fair-pictures/1927 ), so you definitely got the changes.

I'm having a hard time trying to understand the problem you're experiencing; are you not seeing the pictures picker when you click on the little camera icon in your formatting toolbar, or clicking the "Add Image" button (they do the same thing), or are they just not working for you? What happens when you try adding photos from the "My Computer," "AOL Pictures" or "URL" tabs?

Thanks -- Joe (posted & mailed)

Anonymous said...

Joe Im sorry ,you are right Helen(Madcobug) has emailed me and explained and yes I can do it ,so bitterly dissapointed has turned into delighted ,and its now 12.30 and time for this old timer to be in bed instead of giving you grief ,nite nite and thankyou ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Cool!
-Paul
http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

Anonymous said...

Hooray ! Kudos to you and the "West Coast" gang. My journal runs like clockwork and I'm a happy camper!

Jimmy
http://journals.aol.com/jimsulliv3/jimmys-journal/

Anonymous said...

Since yesterday Jo, I can't add album or add picture in my blog. The message I get is download was unsuccessful. On add album, it goes straight to the aol main page.
Valerie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/iiimagicxx/surreality/

Anonymous said...

My add pictures is  thsame before the chnage and like Jan said I am dissapointed too.Are there any instructions anywhere how to get add pictures back to what it was anywhere.I understand from Jans comment she sent her E. Mail how to fix this.Why don't AOL do this to all journal memebers ? Grrrrrrrrrr I have been away from AOL for a weeek due to other things so I am very dissapointed to see my journal shows the new style still.I used the new style Sat morn and still no animation either to the pictures.Grrrrrrrrrr Grrrrrrr Thankyou Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Joe, I will sacrifice a cow to you and the other AOL Overlords!  
Blessings and glory come from you, oh worshipful ones.