Monday, June 18, 2007

Monday Afternoon Catch-Up. Plus Some New AOL Product Blogs

Hi folks -- hope you all had a pleasant Father's Day weekend. There's a lot been going on in the blogosphere, some of it relating to bloggers' rights, defamation, litigation, online community building and the like, but I don't know if I'll have time to blog about them today and give them their due consideration -- you can check out my slushpile links to see what I'm percolating on.

In addition, we've got two new AOL Product blogs that I want to plug -- the first is the AOL Homepage Blog, which is all about AOL.com.

I worked on AOL.com for a bunch of years (and a few strategies ago), and lead blogger Lisa Edwards has been a friend of mine for a good long time, so I'll be paying attention to what's going on over there.

In addition, the myAOL folks have a new myAOL blog, let by Frank Gruber, a profilic blogger in his own right (he also focuses on Web 2.0 topics and some networking -- of the real life kind -- in his other blogging).

myAOL is getting ready to re-launch their feedreader product, which has been out for a while, but has never really gotten much attention. Michael Arrington of Web 2.0 tech coverage blog Techcrunch got a sneak peek, and we'll all get a chance to play in the next few weeks.

More later today.

Thanks -- Joe

No comments: