Friday, August 29, 2008

Guest editor, me??

When i was asked if I would like to be the guest editor of
the week, I had to think about it for all of 5 seconds before mailing 
back my answer,YES PLEASE.  What an honour, thank you magic smoke.      

For those who don't know me I, am Mort, I write a journal, caring and sharing. I live in North Norfolk  in the UK. I am male, 55, and am a full time
carer for my elderly mum. She is 87 and suffers with severe arthritis. I
am also in ill health, I have suffered with a bad back for many year, had
a disc removed, also have arthritis,and on dec.21st last year  i was
finally diagnosed with MS, having  had symptoms  for 8 years. I
started writing  my journal 1 year ago in October, as a means to let off
steam, I was waiting for a carers assessment, long overdue. I remember
sitting at the keyboard thinking, what can I write?  Who on earth will
read such drivel. One year on I am guest editor, having  made many
lovely new friends in Jland. Thank you all who visit and leave
comments.They mean a lot  to me.


As is the norm I shall now pick those journals that I
either enjoy the most , or feel deserve more comments than they get.
Please go visit them, leave a comment, and would those picked kindly do
the same. Thank you.


Lucy,of day-to-day-life-by-Lucille4364 is
a lovely lady,78 years young. She has been a great support  to me with 
my MS, as she lost her beloved son Alan to complications from it,she
also has a tribute journal to him telling of his struggle with this
vile disease,at
My son, his struggle with MS. Her journal is a homely mix of news about her family,and husband Joe,and spunky  a very itchy dog. lol.

Indigo of Raven's Lament is
to me, one of my favourite journals. Please  if you have never read
it,you really should. Thanks for all the lovely comments, Indigo.

Next is
Beth  of
Nutwood Junction. Her
journal is a joy,well written, with many fantastic photos. Well worth a
visit.

Sybil is a lovely lady,her journal of village life is one i
enjoy a lot it  is called  just 
Sybil . She would love you all to visit, I am sure.

Jaynee, my lovely friend, her  journal Single Girl is
a joy. Jaynee is a lovely, giggly lady who loves PINK. Be
warned..lol. 

I also  enjoy Kelly's  journal, which seems to get
not that many comments, go and see what  you all think. She is well
worth  the effort.
Pride and Prejudice is her  journal. 

Now that  is 6, but  I want  to  also  mention 
the lovely  Zoe (Domestic Chaos). As many  of you know, sadly,  her beloved  dad  is
dying  from lung cancer. You are in my thoughts, Zoe

Also, very quickly, because I am taking  liberties now, lol, the following are well worth a read. June  of Midnight, Jeanette of Jeannette's Jottings, Mary of  Just MaryJane, battling  bravely against  cancer of A journey of another kind, Jan  of  Serendipity, and so many, many  more.


You have all welcomed me to Jland, become  my friends, and
shared  my thoughts and sometimes tears. I thank you all for making  me
a part of it.

Take care all.

Gratefully,

MORT

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

congrats

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being guest editor Mort ,and thankyou for your kind mention ,I am proud to be your friend ..love to Mum ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mort....you seemed to pick some very special journals that I'll be sure to check out soon.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being guest editor Well done. Love Joan.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusings/en

Anonymous said...

Thank you for mentioning my journal Mort,  I am honoured. Well done on being Guest Editor.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Mort, thank you so much for  this honour,  I was truly suprised.  I don't have to tell you how much you mean to me.  I do have a hard tme with you gambling.  I keep telling you that you are going to lose all you cents.  Thank you again.   Lucy

Anonymous said...

congrats on being the guest editor this week! you picked great journals; I know most of them and follow most of them too!

betty

Anonymous said...

Hello Mort, Congratulations on being selected as 'Guest Editor', and what a surprise to find you have mentioned and selected my journal as one of your favourites (you mad fool - lol) !!!   I am sure everyone that visits you as a new reader will love you - just as i do :o)
Big Luv & pink kisses
Jaynee X

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being Guest Editor, Mort, you did a fantastic job!!!  Great Pics, too!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

very much deserved honor for you dear friend. Thank you for mentioning me and most of all for being a friend, much love, jun

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Mort!  You gave us some very good blogs to check out.  I knew some of them already, but not all, so you gave me some good ones to visit!  I went and commented.  Thanks, Mort.

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink  

Anonymous said...

hey there,  coming at you from Estados unidos de America  the town of Toomsuba in the American South in Mississippi.  My son and I live i in a  small community in Mississippi near the Gulf of Mexic. We are awaiting the arrival of a  tropical hurricane..a catagory 5 in the next  24 or 48 hours.  We are worried about how big it minght be.  We can not evacuate as we have no place we can go to.


Mort, you have a nice civility about you.  I like the way you speak of your love for your wife.  I am retired college teacher.  I am a widow.  My 31 year old son lives with me  We will make it through the hurricane..if not you will hear about it on the BBC.

Anonymous said...

Hello Mort! I am  Sherry The Lady of Hope. I am glad you found my journal as I am really new to this. I know what a shock MS. brings to your life as I had it for 11 years before I was diagnosed. It took cardiac arrest for the docs to discover mine. I have had this for 38 years now and been in and out of remission. I have been in remission for 5 years now. I am allergic to steroids so I live one day at a time and pray alot. I also have post-polio syndrome and this makes my illness alot harder to deal with. I have put my life in GODS'Hands and try to live each day sharing and telling and caring. I was brought back from death to tell my story and try to help others endure this illness of MS. There is a new drug at the Melon Center in Cleveland ,Ohio that is being tested now. I hope it works. I do not qualify because of the polio and steroids allergy. This will be a pill not a shot! Hope you will be strong in heart as faith is very important. Blessings to you new friend! Sherry