Friday, August 15, 2008

GUEST EDITOR PICKS 15/8

Photobucket


Hello, my name is Jeannette and quite a few of you will already know of me. I am delighted and honoured to be your Guest Editor this week. I live in the South East of England about forty miles from London.


I am married to Michael whom I refer to on my journal as “him indoors”. I have one married Daughter and two adorable Grandsons. I have been writing in J-Land for over four years. My main journal is  Jeannette's Jottings


My second journal is  Through A Dog's Eyes  which is the story of  our Border Collie told "in his own words".  I have also set up three other shared journals that everyone can post in and they are These We Have Loved  which is a memorial blog for those dear ones we have lost, Silent Keyboards - J-Land Angels 2  a tribute journal to our departed friends in J-Land and finally Make 'Em Laugh a little bit of fun with jokes, cartoons, funny signs or anything humorous that people would like to share.


Now you know about me, it is time to announce my Guest Editor's picks.


It is very hard to select a handful of journals from the very many  that exist, everyone of them special in its own right.  So, I have opted to go for some lesser known journals,  blogs that I have come to like very much.


My first choice is a lovely lady named Freda. She is about the same age as myself and lives in Cambridgeshire.  She writes about her day to day experiences and living life in her own way and celebrating her retirement.  Her link is - Now I'm Retired....... :-D


Her other journal is a fascinating trip down memory lane. When young she worked in a hotel and met many people from the stage, silver screen, television and even royalty. She kept a daily diary of those times and the celebrities she met throughout  the late fifties and most of the “swinging sixties” and is sharing those diaries with us here at Freda's Diaries


My second choice is Morton or Mort as he prefers to be known. Mort is a gentleman of middle years, he has recently been diagnosed with MS and is having a struggle coming to terms with it. It is harder on him because he is also a full-time carer to his Mother. However, he stays as upbeat as possible in the circumstances. He grows vegetables and flowers and shares beautiful photos of them on his journal which is - Caring And Sharing


My third choice is Laini. I am a fairly new reader of hers but already I am becoming a fan. On one of her journals she writes about her husband Mark’s deployment to Iraq and how this affected them both, her struggles with depression and how she worked her way through it.  Mark added to the journal from Iraq whilst Laini tried to keep her life in Virginia as normal as she could, her link is  - Love From Iraq


Her second journal tells of how they met, their courtship and Mark’s battle with cancer - We Made Our Own Huppah


My fourth choice is Leigh. He lives in Wales. He was born with cerebral palsy which gives him some disability but he has never let this stand in his way. He is an example to other disabled young people. He has been sharing with us his education, his challenges, his holidays and his family life. Only yesterday he got the good news that he has passed his exams and will be going on to college! We have watched Leigh grow into a fine young man and I congratulate him on his achievements  - Leigh's World 


My fifth choice is Joan who lives in Scotland. She writes of being retired, footloose and fancy free. She covers various topics and some of them include places of interest such as museums and art galleries, her day trips out with her husband, Stuart, his watercolour paintings, holidays and their shared hobby of bird watching and the Scottish countryside. She likes to reminisce and also likes to comment on the weather. Well, she is a Brit and with us it is a national pastime!  -  Joans Musings 


My last choice is Pam or Ma as she is generally known. We have been readers of each others journals for a long time. Ma always starts her entries with uplifting quotes and bright sayings accompanied by sweet graphics. Her postings are always thoughtful and always from the heart. She has cheered me on many occasions. Her inspiring blog can be found here - Good Morning Sunshine !


So there are my choices. Six individuals, eight journals. As I said above, I have chosen, for the main part, some of the lesser known journals, those that deserve more readers, journals that are not well known or have been overlooked.


It has been a pleasure and a privilege to be your Guest Editor and I hope that you approve of my choices. Pay them a visit, I am sure that you will not be disappointed and you may well come to enjoy them as much as I do. Please call by and congratulate these lovely people. We all like to see new readers and the journals I have chosen certainly deserve to have more readers.  They will have the welcome mat out for you.


Now, with my thanks for being allowed to recommend some journals to you, I hand the baton on to the next Guest Editor.


God bless you all.


 


21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congradulations on being the Guest Editor.....
Awesome selections for journals.....
Hope you have a great weekend..

Anonymous said...

Well done and congratulations on being choosen to be Guest Editor.Some I do read and the others I will look up in the future .Have a good weekend Jeannette ...lets hope we get some sunshine !!.......love Jeanxx

Anonymous said...

Many congratulations on becoming guest editor Jeannette - a fine choice!

Also many thanks for choosing my two journals :-D
It is always interesting to hear of other journals  and I will be visiting the journals you mention very soon.

all the best
Freda

Anonymous said...

many congratulations  jeanette  on being guest editor.  very  well deserved.    and,what  can i say??   thankyou  for picking  my inane  burblings,  very  kind  of  you.    much appreciated,take care  mort   xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning these Jeannette.  Some I read already.  Some I haven't yet, but will check them out.  Congrats on being Guest Editor, Jeannette.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink  

Anonymous said...

You did a marvelous job-can't wait to check out the ones I haven't been to.
Congrats!!!!
connie

http://journals.aol.co.uk/specialadyfink/Anyway...../

Anonymous said...

Well done Jeannette on becoming Guest Editor.  Thank you so much for choosing my Journal as one of your Top 6.  It must've been a difficult job for you.  I have not visited a few of the other journals, so I will pay them a visit.

Thank you so much again.  What a wonderful honour!

Leigh :-)
http://journals.aol.co.uk/edwardssoapy/LeighsWorld/"

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being guest editor.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and I love the new journals
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Congrats!  You so deserve this recognition!
I'll have to check out your picks...they look terrific.

Hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being chosen guest editor, I'm not familiar with these journals and it will be fun to explore new ones...thanks so much...love, Sandi

Anonymous said...

Jeanette, Congrats on being chosen Guest Editor, you did a bang up job.  And I will surely check out these Journals. I love reading ones from across the Pond.    Marlene

Anonymous said...

congrats on being the guest editor this week, Jeannette!! you highlighted excellent journals!!! I know most of them; will go off and check out and offer congrats to all your chosen journals this weekend for sure!

betty

Anonymous said...

Shalom :)
Well done and Mazol tov at being chosen as a guest edition. And Todah (thank you) for adding our journals to your list. Mark and I are both humbled and honoured.  
Love you, my friend
Laini and Mark
http://journals.aol.com/mereel2005/Maybe-Im-Amazed-/
chttp://journals.aol.com/mereel2005/we-made-our-own-huppah/

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being guest editor!!!

~Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being picked as guest editor Jeannette xx

Jenny

Anonymous said...

congratulations and greatly deserved!  I'll have to check out some of these!  God Bless!

Anonymous said...

I did not know you before now but i am glad that you got selected. I enjoyed reading this. Mort and laini  I had already discovered. so i look forward to reading these others since you obviously have good taste! lol  Mort is a dear person and a friend. i agree 100 percent that he should be recognized for his inspiring and beautiful journal. Thank you for steering me in the right direction for the chance to meet even more wonderful people!

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed your stint as guest editor and i am looking forward to checking out your blog recommendations :D


alaina

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot of London!  Thanks for the recommendations.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

I'm so honored to have been chosen as a PICK by Jeannette.  I'll try to visit all the others too as they are new to me.  Congrats to all and A BIG THANK YOU !
'On Ya' - ma (sometimes known as Pam )
http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/