Tuesday, May 30, 2006

What I Did Over Memorial Day (with Video)

Hi folks -- hope you had a great Memorial Day holiday. Me, I stayed around here and did a very good impersonation of a couch potato, though I did get out on Sunday to catch the Rolling Thunder motorcycle rally in DC.

I took some video with my digital camera, and I just posted a 15-second segment to UnCut Video:

Rolling Thunder DC Motorcycle Rally, Memorial Day 2006

I was standing just behind the barricade on Constitution Avenue and 23rd St, which is just after where the riders come over the Memorial Bridge and rev into the turn, which I was told was a good spot. And it was. It was also kind of loud.

You can see the side of the Lincoln Memorial in the background. You can also (just) see a Marine in uniform, standing on the double yellow center lines, saluting the riders.

Here's a screenshot so you can see what I'm talking about:

Screen grab of UnCut Video player with Rolling Thunder motorcycles turning onto Constitution Ave. in DC

As for the video itself, I didn't try to edit it or add titles in MovieMaker or iMovie or anything -- it's straight off my computer (with UnCut video, you can even upload it directly off your camera, though I didn't do that here.)

Like I previously blogged about UnCut video, we don't have the ability yet to embed the video player directly in your Journal, though that's coming, so right now it's a linked thumbnail (which is automatically created when you click the "Blog This" link on a video's page).

In other general business, I'm playing a lot of catchup in this short week, so stay tuned.

Thanks -- Joe

Tags: , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did great. That sure was a lot of cycles. helen

Anonymous said...

Great job!

Anonymous said...

Joe decent quality :).
Betty