Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Continuing Adventures of Flat Scalzi (Part III)

Hi folks -- sorry, running a little behind today. When last we left Flat Scalzi, he was headed back to building CC1, after visiting AOL HQ (which you can see in Part II -- also check out Part I).

Here, you can see Flat Scalzi hanging out on my cubicle wall with new friends Darth Tater and Running Man:

Joe's Cubicle
Yo. 'Sup.

They were joined by the Pink Flamingo:

Joe's Cubicle, With Flamingo
There's not really anything more that needs to be said about this.

Just down the aisle, Flat Scalzi investigates the remains of some donuts. They're only a day or two old:

Flat Scalzi with Donuts
Mmmm, day-old donuts.

Now, I don't know about you, but the last thing I expect to find as I'm wandering around the cubes is Enlightenment. Also, gnomes.

Flat Scalzi Seeking Enlightment
The Buddha is actually a magic-eight ball type thing, so you shake the Buddha for guidance and wisdom.

Anyway, that's about it, except for a belated birthday kiss from cow-orker and old Scalzi pal Kerry:

Birthday Kiss From Kerry
Smoochies.

While we're on the subject of Kerry, you should note that she's one of the principals behind the whole AIM Pages thing that I mentioned went into beta yesterday.

Here's Kerry's AIM Pages profile; included in her profile picture gallery is a pic of her puppy, A.C., which was too cute to pass up:

Kerry's Puppy, A.C.
You've Got Mail!

Anyway, I think that's about it for me and Flat Scalzi. I'm going to track down some old Scalzi buds for a few more photos which may involve a trip in the interoffice mail, and from there, Flat Scalzi will be on his way to Ohio to meet up with real Scalzi, complete with all the baggage he's picked up along the way.

If you want to get into the act with your own Flat Scalzi, go to Journaler Teresa's blog and make your own flat Scalzi, and see what kind of compromising positions you can put him in.

Thanks -- Joe

Tags: , , ,


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you all get PAID to do this????

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!  I loved the "flat stanley" project with my kids... I am going to take Flat Scalzi to Bada Bing's of Sopranos fame... I think he would like that.  I am not going inside though...he'll have to find someone else to bring him in!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

"I'm down with Dre, like A.C. is down with O.J."

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhh he's with the travel gnome from the comercials.. WHERE DID U GET HIM!! Hubby wants gnomes for the yard (oiy) but only the "offical" gnomes that are impossible to find.



Anonymous said...

Wow I mean I thought I was psyched when I saw the Flat travelin' 9eyeballing and noddin' to Monponsett) and grinnin' but THen.... (pupils getting bigger, teeth grinding) Kerry KIssed The Flat! Wowsers!
And then she said she knew the Big Guy!
great goin"!
natalie

Anonymous said...

Are you and Kerry related?