Monday, January 29, 2007

My Fellow Americans, Let's Do the Time Warp Now

Hi folks -- here's a leftover from last Wednesday:

People Connection promo screen shot

Now, in addition to this blog and the AOL Blogs main page, I also do some of the blog promotions on the People Connection Main Screen.

For the Wednesday after the State of the Union address, I focused on political blogs, linking to The Stump (the AOL Elections Blog), DailyKos (a lefty/moonbat blog), and Little Green Footballs (a righty/wingnut blog).

Naturally (if you're me), this was the perfect opportunity to quote a few bits of lyrics to Time Warp, from the movie The Rocky Horror Picture Show. (And I don't even like The Rocky Horror Picture Show.)

So I did.

And I'm probably the only person who noticed, too.

Thanks -- Joe

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Time Warp" is actually a pretty fitting description when you think about it.  

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

Who's that ugly man in that picture?
Dianna

Anonymous said...

It won't happen with this clown, but it would be cool if the President had a blog. I'd have loved to have seen Bill Clinton blogging.

George would like my idea about AOL giving out a few scholarships to teen bloggers. Parents might  even nag their kids to start blogging. "BU is $40,000 a year.... put down that rake and go work on your MySpace page."

Anonymous said...

I really have to pay attention more closely...

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,

Is it me or aol?. I went to add/edit an entry this morning and guess what? This option does not seemed to exist today. I assume the condition is temporary, but I figured you were the one to ask. What's up?

Anonymous said...

Jim -- I'm not seeing anything unusual in Journals today; can you try clearing your cache and footprints and see if you can log in? http://journals.aol.com/aimpagesteam/thepeoplebehindthepages/entries/2006/10/06/how-to-clear-your-browser-cache-and-topspeed-cache/1167
Thanks -- Joe (posted & mailed)