Thursday, January 18, 2007

Choose One: Cats or Cheese?

Hi folks -- in his latest Weekend Assignment, blogger John asks us to choose between cats and cheese (one stays, and the other is banished from Earth).

For illustrative purposes, he provides a photo:

Blogger John's cat with two slices of American Cheese

You might remember that this is the same cat which he taped bacon to, so all we need to work in there are some scrambled eggs, and we'll have a tasty breakfast sandwich.

I haven't weighed in on a Weekend Assignment for a while, but I'm going to have to break my silence for this one. If it came down to cats or cheese, I would have to choose to keep...

Cheese!

It's not that I dislike cats. I like cats (even though I'm mildly allergic).

And, frankly, I don't even like cheese that much. But, I've never had a cat, whereas I do have cheese fairly regularly. So I am going to have to stick with cheese.

I'm also amusing myself trying to come up with circumstances that would require us to choose between cats and cheese, but I'm unable to think of anything that doesn't involve ALF at some level.

Thanks -- Joe

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I like cheese and can tolerate cats if they leave birds alone. I don't like our neighbors cats that sneak in my yard and kill the  birds I feed. Helen

Anonymous said...

to hard 4 me 2 pick

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it would come to that if cats became terribly allergic to cheese, and at the same time sentient cheese became allergic to cats. - Karen

Anonymous said...

hope you are doing ok.

will you go back to weekly editor's picks anytime soon?

pick between my favorite food -- cheese -- and my cats (2 black ones)??  that is not a fair question.  

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Well, this is an odd, yet thought provocking question... I'm gonna have to say, down with cats and give me cheese!  I've never been a big fan of cats... honestly  they scare me...   I'm a grown woman of 22, and i'm deathly afraid of them... so, CHEESE wins!!!

Anonymous said...

My dog would have a hard time chosing, being her beloved siblings are cats, tho hmmm, she DOES chase them away if there's a moments doubt that they just might go after her cheese........   guess she'd chose cheese.   Sigh.  Canine instinct?   I'd chose the cats:)   Not that I don't mind cheese.  I love cheese.   That photo of plastic-wrapped "American" so-called cheese, however, didn't help persuade me.  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

Circumstances are easily imagined. Scenario a) You're hungry..cat sandwich or cheese sandwich? b) Your cold..snuggle with cat or cheese? c) you see a mouse in your kitchen...sic the cat on it or hurl a cheese sandwich? d)You're horny....... How 'bout them Mets?

Anonymous said...

Americans eat the worst cheese... I actually backed out of a deal for a house because the neighborhood market didn't have ditka as far as good cheese went.

THAT'S being French....

Anonymous said...

Heh. Alf.

Rainbow~

Anonymous said...

awesome can u go to my blog thanks