Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Blog Photo Shoot: Stop, in the Name of Light!

Hi folks -- couldn't let this week's Blog Photo Shoot go by this time (even though I'm currently without a functioning [update: oops, camera]).

Why? Look at the theme:
"Snap a picture of a really interesting lamp or light fixture. It doesn't have to be in your home, although it's nice if it is. Note that for this Photo Shoot I am explicitly excluding holiday lights and decorations; we already did that. These lights should be ones that you'd see on a non-holiday."
Well, shoot, that's easy -- I already used it in my "Tagged on Five Things" entry in December:

Journals Editor Joe's LED Hand sign

It is, of course, an orange LED pedestrian "Don't Walk" signal that I bought from an online surplus site and mounted in a picture frame. It current hangs on the wall in my dining room.

Thanks -- Joe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you run when it starts blinking?

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't drop more than $20 on it, because you could make the same thing with my daughter's Lite-Brite.

Anonymous said...

That looks suspiciously similar to the Mooninite-based, non-explosive device that shut-down the city of Boston.  

Quick!  Call the bomb squad and alert CNN!

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/