Thursday, January 25, 2007

Like You Needed Another Reason Not to Trust Politicians

Hi folks -- via the Express -- according to a George Washington University survey on Congress and blogs [PDF File], 75 percent of Congressmembers with blogs say that they actually write their own blog entries. Shyeah. Others are also skeptical.

Not to say that members of Congress aren't involved at some level in the blog postings that go up under their names. It could be generating ideas, or suggesting directions, or maybe giving final approvals. But I think that authoring every single entry that goes up is stretching it.

I mean really, they do have that whole time-consuming business of governance, pandering to special interests and fundraising. That's a lot to fit in.

I would tell you more about the survey, except I, um, haven't read it yet.

Also, in a quick followup to my entry on the State of the Union Tag Cloud, Al Tompkins follows up with an interactive video of Tuesday's address by MSNBC, with a tag cloud that updates as the president is speaking. It's pretty neat.

Thanks -- Joe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know when Senator Kennedy has a blog.