Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Hello, 2007 and Goodbye, President Ford

Hi folks -- we're back; hope you all had a Happy New Year celebration.

As I whine pretty much every year, I never get as much done over the X-Mas/New Year's break as I think I will (both personally and professionally) -- it's a given.

Now, even though we're in the DC Metro area, we're just under 30 miles from DC, pretty far from the center of all the ceremonies honoring the late President Ford.

DC-focused blogs DCist and MetroBlogging DC have some first-person accounts of the procession. If you have your own, feel free to leave a comment with a link to your entry.

Out here at HQ, the flags are flying at half-staff:

Flags at Half-Staff at the AOL Campus

Apologies for the lack of wind in the photo. I was trying for a low-angle shot, so I probably looked kind of silly lying on the ground out front. Nice day, though.

Autoblog Green says we have another reason to thank President Ford -- in additional to the whole "healing the nation after Watergate" thing, he also pushed for national legislation allowing right-turn-on-red.

Thanks -- Joe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such power in symbols~ Its quite the honor that the American flag would fly half-staff for our past president, Ford.  When I look at it, its like seeing tears. Very sad. ~Raven

Anonymous said...

Was the hearse a Ford?