Thursday, November 9, 2006

Journals Problems 11/09/06

We've heard that you are having a
number of different problems with Journals, as well as different sorts of
problems with
AOL.
 
The Journals folks have been checking all day for problems on our
side; there have been no major system changes since the R9 install last week,
and there aren't any database problems we're aware of. Also, the front-end
servers looked okay, but just to be safe, they bounced them (rebooted them)
anyway.
 
This doesn't mean that you're not experiencing problems, but that
it may be outside of areas that we control. For
example, there may be problems with your AOL software or Web browser, or network
problems somewhere between your machine and the Journals boxes, or in the case
of UK client authentication problems, a problem somewhere across the Atlantic.
There just doesn't seem to be a major, system-wide problem with Journals that we
can find right now.
 
Regardless, we'll keep looking, so if you're still experiencing
Journals problems, please let us know. The more detail you can provide, the better. For
example, for Comment Alert non-delivery, please links to specific entries'
comments that you didn't receive Alerts for.
 
Also, whenever you are reporting a problem, please tell
us
 
a) the browser that you are using when
you experience the problem
b) if other AOL pages are
responding normally
c) if other pages outside of AOL are
behaving normally or not.
 
Again, we apologize for any problems you are experiencing,
and are endeavoring to identify and fix them as soon as we can.
 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't leave comments on most of the journals I visit.  Of course, I will probably be able to leave one here...

Anonymous said...

I'm using the AOL software for my browser.  The only problem outside of journals I've noticed is when using the AOL Search, whenever I click on a link to a result, the popup controls prevent the link from opening.  This is remedied by making sure that I allow all popups from aol.com, however, this is something I've only experienced in the last 24 to 48 hrs.

Anonymous said...

Could you please leave URLs for Journals you cannot comment on? It could go a long way to helping identify the problem.

Anonymous said...

Not that this matters to anything, but for quite a while now, I've noticed that if I am using the AOL client browser and I click on the "read comments," before the page is fully loaded, the button is disabled, and I usually have to hit the "Link to this entry" link if I want to see the comments.  I just figure it is was something on my end, and it most likely is.  

See?  You high-speed folks zoom past all these glitches we dial up dinosaurs have to deal with.  hahaha...  Maybe I'll dig out my old C64 or, better yet, my Amiga 500 and my 2400 baud modem, and see what kind of problems I have.  I even think I have my old CompuServe and AOL floppies around here.  Oh yeah, baby!  Time to toss in the Frankie Goes to Hollywood cassette and fire up the Q-Link.  If you start getting complaints from 1986, don't worry.  It's just me.  

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

i have had problems all afternoon journals hanging up takes 4 to 5 times to get in to leave a comment. its been going on for at least a week but it seems to get worse the longer we go.

Anonymous said...

I think as mercury went retrograde Thursday,we have all been experiencing communication breakdowns and frustration in areas of machines in general. It will get better, as this is temporary as everything is.At least as far as we know now, the elections went all right.This is a good thing. Mercury goes direct again in a week or so,maybe two....anyway, you can check it out in my journal(waxing philosophical). Bad advertising?????LOL

Anonymous said...

It took twice to get the last comment to enter.

Anonymous said...

I cannot even open luvmort's journal. He is private though. It say unavailable

Anonymous said...

I just thought I would follow through on Jeannettes entry,in requesting we let you know just what problems each one of us are experiancing.Well mine is the same  as many others.No entrance to blogs, not allowing me to comment, etc.Seems my pooter is magic throughout the day, and like lightening, so fast it is unbelievable and able to do anything and everything.But in the evenings, I can seem to get knowwhere nothing will work.Grrrrrrrrrrr.So frustrating just a waste of time.This is only when I am in J/Land by the way.Thanx for the help you have given us all.Hope it is soon solved.God Bless Take Care.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/sunflowerkat321/WhatsinaName/

http://journals.aol.com/_do/add_comment

I cannot go to the actual journal nor can I look at the archives nor leave a comment on either of these journals.  In addition, this problem is happening to everyone I have talked with.  

Anonymous said...

I was having a great deal of trouble accessing file manager. What I would get is a box with advertising. Once I was able to access the file manager I could not upload files. I had to resort to (ugh) using my ftp.

Anonymous said...

I was having a great deal of trouble accessing file manager. What I would get is a box with advertising. Once I was able to access the file manager I could not upload files. I had to resort to (ugh) using my ftp.

Anonymous said...

h