Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Voting Links: Cliffhanger Edition

I'd intended to make this post an apolitical roundup of voting-related links, and I'm going to.


But I thought I'd share this news with you all first: GOP officials: Rumsfeld stepping down


I checked for relevant content in Technorati, but it seems that the blogosphere's short fuse has not yet hit this powder- keg -- the story only broke ten minutes ago. Try checking in a little later to watch the pixels fly.

Now, on to a roundup of voting-related links:

Man smashes voting machine with
cat paperweight. My inner anarchist gets a little thrill to read about any political machine getting smashed -- but a metal kitty cat is hardly a molotov cocktail.

The New York Times has a decent
blog covering both sides of the midterm elections. Free registration is required to see Times content. Also in the Times: Blogs Take Lead in Reporting Polling Problems, With Supporting Evidence on YouTube.

CNet has its own coverage here, including galleries.

Al Poynter's rounded up
roundups of election material.

If you've got an hour and a half or so to spare, the HBO special 'Hacking Democracy' -- which takes a long look at the Diebold voting machines -- is available for free in its entirety on Google video.


And, just for fun: Your favorite superhero's political affiliations. (Content warning)


What do you all think? Seen anything else interesting and voting-related online? Let me know in the comments.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting Rumsfeld stepping down..Thanks for the links!  TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Sorry.  I've been too busy running naked up and down the street waving the Constitution and screaming with glee over Rummy's canning and the thrashing the Neo-cons received yesterday.  

However, last night on the Daily Show, they nearly blew the sound equipment when the crowd cheered over Santorum's ouster.  I think that place is going to go nuts tonight when Jon Stewart talks about Rumsfeld's departure.  

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

We are all over here crying tears of joy. Hate to go emotional on you but just can't help it. We are all so happy. Let's hope that our troops come home soon!!!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

My dad always called him "Rumball." What a thirst for blood that man has.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I meant Rumsfeld - not my dad. LOL!

Anonymous said...

For reasons pertaining to TOS, I am unable to discuss what my father and mother call Bush and Rumsfeld.  But, I will say that their opinions of those two largely involve the use of farm animals in a way that would make Jesus weep.  

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

Unrelated to Rumsfeld stepping down (he has been the butt of jokes here in the UK for years). I gather people have difficulty leaving comments in journals - and they are definitely not blocked by the authors.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link on the voting machines. Unfortunately, it is necessary to get a paper receipt to prove who you voted for now. I'm serious. I hope no one is foolish enough to believe that these votes are not being rigged because I've heard too many complaints from too many people in too many states to know differently.

We can all hope our country can go forward now.

We have spent billions on this war but where is Osama? We have proof that recruiters are lying to school children to provide fresh meat for the military. The economy is a disaster and the current party seems to provide us with nothing short of scandal.

Let us hope this great nation can recover from the thrashing it has received and be handed over to someone who truly cares about the American people.
Dianna

PS I'm with Dan. I have a few other thoughts that are TOS worthy;0)