Friday, November 17, 2006

Guest Editor 11/17/06

Hi everybody... as posted to the
AOL Journals main page and the Message
Boards
, here are the
Guest Editor's Picks for November 17th, 2006:

Robin blogs about her life as a single
mother with ADD and a penchant for Irish folk dancing at Random
Threads.
She's this week's Guest Editor, and man, did she ever pick a
bunch of blogs. Here's six, but make sure you visit
her blog to see the rest
:

* Zebadiah and Beauregard's Front
Porch


* CarnivAOL


* Mending the
Dream


* Confessions
of a Madman: Insights into Living and Coping With
ADHD


* Life
& Faith in
Caneyhead


* Assisted
Living Center Activity


* Bonus picks
galore!


Check
out Robin's blog
to see these picks and many more with her unique
description. Don't forget, if you want your own chance at being a Guest Editor,
or if you have a blog you want us to see for a possible feature, send me an
e-mail at JournalsEditor@aol.com.
Please don't forget to include a link to your blog.

Have a
great weekend, everyone.

Thanks --
Jeff


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Problems again with journals. I have notified Bam Bam but letting you know as well.  It is not just me. I got an alert in from an American journal asking what the hell is wrong with journals. She said (in the alert) that they are taking ages to load and when they do, not pictures are appearing only empty boxes.  I went to her journal to comment and guess what - it would not load.  I tried a few other and they did load but so very very slowly.  This is now the third week of problems. I also cannot use File Manager, I reported this to Bam Bam last week.  When I click on keyword File Manager, it just keeps taking me to the web.  So, I am unable to add pictures, retrieve pictures for my journal or delete files.
This has gone way beyond a joke, way behind a small annoyance. This is now the third week of problems.
We need our journals fixed. Also File Manager as I know I am not the only one with problems there.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me know about this. I will look into it.

In the meantime, try clearing your cache and cookies. For instructions on how to do that, look here:

http://journals.aol.com/journalseditor/magicsmoke/entries/2005/11/21/monday-status-update-and-clearing-your-topspeed-cache-or-footprint/865

Of course, if you are having problems viewing Journals in AOL, this will be difficult. So, just highlight and copy the above link. Then open a NON-AOL browser like Firefox, etc. and paste the link in there. Then see if it loads, and if photos come in at all. Either way, please let me know. Then follow the directions. Let me know if that helps.

If the problem continues, please let me know as well.

For future reference: the Guest Editor has nothing to do with technical problems and has no responsibility to report them. If you have a problem, I'm the guy that handles it.

(posted and mailed)

Anonymous said...

And here I've been buddying up to all the Guest Editors in an attempt to get free AOL stuff.  Sheesh.  A coffee cup would be nice.  

Other than that, the File Manager has always been temperamental.  I just favorited the Add Files page to my toolbar, and it makes things a little easier.  

There was another way of doing it that Joe talked about a while back, but I can't remember exactly.  

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

dear Jeff,
thanks Jeff! Congratulations Robin! very interesting blog and great picks!
Yours Truly, natalie