Monday, November 13, 2006

Journals Outage, Alerts Problems, Happy Monday

As many of you may be aware, we
had a Journals outage this afternoon. As
of this writing -- 6 PM, EST -- it should be fixed.
"Fixed being a relative term," you are probably thinking. Please know that you
are not the only people frustrated with these frequent outages. It's hard on us,
too.

Stephanie
BamBam!
will have a more detailed post explaining today's
outage up soon -- check that out if you like.

Many of you
have reported problems with your Alerts as well --
that you've received multiple Alerts for the same post, or that your posts are
sending out multiple Alerts. I've passed these reports on the the Alerts team,
who are investigating everything.

For future reference: when you have a problem with your
Alerts, please send me as much information as
possible.
A link to post that spawned multiple Alerts is
incredibly helpful, for example.

Again, I'll let you know what I can when I
can.

Thanks --
Jeff


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Monday back to you :).
Betty

Anonymous said...

Jeff,
Got a novel problem, relatively minor. I use the Firefox browser 2.0 for doing my AOL activities (journaling included). I viewed a journal today where the images in the sidebar spilled into the main body of the text. I complained to the author, who didn't know what I was talking about. A screendump showed the problem, but she had no problems in the AOL-browser (which I know to be Internet Explorer based). Neither could I see anything. The sidebar perfectly accommodated the largish images. Any thoughts?

http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

Separate to previous query - this journal http://journals.aol.co.uk/halliday0957/nosundays/ has 13 entries, all the same content, written a few seconds apart. Jim, the author, says he made 1 entry at around 21.15 GMT last night. I told him I'd let you know.

Anonymous said...

I lov s.o.s

Anonymous said...

Can you answer me why the AIM pages have so many choices for templates and yet our journal templates haven't been updated since they began three years ago?  Is this something they are working on and if so, when will new templates be available?  

Anonymous said...

Pharmolo -- this makes perfect sense, actually. In IE and the AOL client, images that are wider than the allotted space for the "About Me" column automatically push it out wider. But in clients like FireFox, they just run outside the lines. I use Firefox at work just as much as I use AOL, and that's just a difference between the two platforms.

Anonymous said...

Hey !!!  Thanks for your help with my music and sound problem...it's good to see the Joe's legacy of doing absolutely NOTHING has been carried on.  

NJLB