Friday, November 10, 2006

A Fix for Journals/Comments Issues

The tech guys are investigating
whether some changes made 2 nights ago may have caused
problems leaving comments; another, more likely possibility involves your
TopSpeed cache (where the AOL client stores some Web files on your computer so
Web pages come in faster).

One of the
devs was able to reproduce the problem where she couldn't post comments; she was
able to fix the problem by clearing her browser cache and topspeed
cache
(procedure listed here:
How To: Clear Your AOL Browser's
Cache & Footprint
)
and restarting her AOL
software.
 
So, we suggest you try clearing your browser
cache and topspeed
cache.
 
Generally speaking, if you ever have any browser problems, the first
thing you should always try is clearing your browser cache; clearing your
TopSpeed cache is a little more involved and you shouldn't need to do it on a
regular basis, but if you're having persistant problems when you use the AOL
software, you can try clearing your TopSpeed
cache.
 
(If you're able to do stuff from an external Web browser, but you
can't do it from inside the AOL software, it's a good sign that you should try
clearing your TopSpeed cache. Remember, with AOL Journals, you can do just about
everything when you're signed in to an external Web browser, as you can when
you're using the AOL software. See
How To: Use a Standalone Browser
With Your Journal
)
 
Please give this a try and let me know how it works.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

JEFF,
HI!
I AM HAVING TROUBLE EVEN GETTING INTO ANYONE'S JOURNAL TONIGHT! I KEEP GETTING A SCREENT HAT SAYS," SORRY AOL JOURNALS ARE UNAVAILABLE"  WHAT GIVES??? HELP!!!!
THANKS IN ADVANCE!
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Ok, going to try and leave a comment again.  I cleared everything and mostly leaving comments had not been the issue, but rather getting to the journal.  I noticed a common factor today.  Those alerts that I got with a graphic wouldn't let me in, I got journals not available.  Those without graphics took a bit to load but I was able to get there and leave a comment.  Thinking...., I wonder if this whole issue started when the graphics were going in alerts???  Anyone look into this???
d

Anonymous said...

something I wish we had was a box(sort of like our buddy list) that we
can drag a heart icon to and name it whatever we want, so our fav pages are handy this way.I know we have the handy dandy toolbar but
I think we could access our friends journals faster without having to put them on the tool bar.Yes,there are the feeds ,but half of the time they dissappear.And that strikes horror when you think you have lost it all and have to start all over finding them again.And favorites up there-it takes forever to find whats there
Just a wish.
I'll cross my fingers