Friday, May 4, 2007

Friday Blogplugs, Unfinished Business & Journals Beta

Things are pretty quiet on the blogplugs front, which are blog entries that people have sent me or tagged with the tag , so that other people can see them:

* Blogplug regulars Gifdude and Jimmy check in

* Paul reports the results of CarnivAOL #38, which you can see over in Barbara's Journal, Life & Faith in Caneyhead.

* The very same Barbara also blogplugs an entry by Wayne, a minister who blogs over at Marturia

Remember, if you want to blogplug an entry of your own or someone else's, just send it to me at JournalsEditor@aol.com, or better, tag it with so that people can see it, just by clicking the link.

********************************************

In other news, I still have to do that entry addressing the points raised in a Washington Post article, "Sexual Threats Stifle Some Female Bloggers", but I'm a little fried right now and I need to be on top of my game on this one or I'll get into trouble. So, next week.

Also, the Journals team has pushed a couple of features into beta, including an improved way to embed picture & video. I will talk about it more next week, but if you like, you can play around with the beta -- just stick "beta" in front of your Journals address -- for me, my beta Journal is at :

http://beta.journals.aol.com/journalseditor/magicsmoke/ (click to see the embedded video test in my All About Me)

PLEASE NOTE: Only use your beta Journal for testing purposes -- stuff that you post to yourbeta Journal will not go to your production Journal -- only use it if you want to try out the new features.

As I said, the new features are primarily in the picture and video embedding process, and additions to the whitelist of approved sites (sites you can include javascript from) -- I will talk about it in more detail next week.

Thanks -- Joe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems like every time I think of something but am unsure how to do it, I go to Joe's encyclopedia and Voila! I just saw a site and wondered, how'd they do that?

So here I am and there it is. Kinda like deja vu all over again.

Thanks, Joe

Jimmy
http://journals.aol.com/jimsulliv3,jimmys-journal