Monday, May 7, 2007

A Few Product-y Things for Monday

Hi folks -- I'm in an auditorium right now, watching a review of some of AOL's 2007 products.

I'm going to be here all day, so I'll have to put off the majority of my planned blogging
until later tonight (where I'll finish up talking about this past weekend's milblogs conference, as well as talk more about the webcam video I posted to my beta Journal and how you'll be able to do that soon).

So far, the demo for the AOL Social Mail Gadget has been pretty cool; it requires the Windows Vista operating system (I'm still running XP), so I haven't been able to play with it myself, but it's basically a desktop widget that does interesting things with mail, especially mail from your "A-List" -- the people who you interact with most frequently.

Tae, who blogs about the AOL Web Suite, tells us more at "What's a Social Mail Gadget?"

There's more info over on the mail section of the AOL Developer Network site (you can see screenshots with the pretty skins), as well as a third-party review over at CNet's Webware.

On a more prosaic note, it looks like AOL Pictures was having some intermittent troubles earlier this morning; when I called it in (well, IMed it in), they were already working on it, and it looks like it's working properly now.

Thanks -- Joe

No comments: