Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Almost-Morning Humpday Links: Burger Tips, Wasting Gas & The Electric Slide

Hi folks -- here are a few items I came across this morning that aren't quite slushy enough for my slushpile links (no, I don't know what that means either):

* A Perfect Burger, Top to Bottom: Seeing as how we're nearing the unoffical start of summer, this Washington Post article is particularly timely (also, it's near lunchtime), with 6 tips for better burgers ("#5: Never press the burgers with a spatula.") and more burgerology theory and practice.

* Top 4 Ways You're Wasting Gas When You Think You're Saving It: From the Daily Fuel Economy Tip blog: This is basically a listing of some of their previous entries, but since nearly everyone drives, everyone thinks they're an expert on driving and gas consumption, so people are bound to have an opinion.

Also, the "AC On/Windows Up vs. AC Off/Windows Down" question tends to get people riled up.

[Link via Fark.]

* Electric Slide creator foreswears DMCA, embraces Creative Commons: This BoingBoing item says that the EFF and the creator of the Electric Slide have come to an agreement, and that the Electric Slide is now available for noncommercial use under a Creative Commons license.

It basically means that if you post a video online of people doing the Electric Slide at a wedding reception, the dance's creator won't go after you for copyright violations. It's electric!

Thanks -- Joe

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

2nd link not coming up.

Hmmm what does that mean for the Sock Puppet Mr. Blue Sky one??? HA!

Anonymous said...

I'm probably in the wrong spot...as usual for me. I know you know the answer so you can delete this after you answer if you please...
How do I start over with a new name...or author? I've had this since the 90's and want another but the same old same old keeps coming up?
I need a new e-mail? I would like to keep that the same if possible.
I just thought of it...maybe I could have e-mailed you...but I'm not sure of the address anyways.
Very nice stuff in your blog I aways injoy your extra attention to details! Thanks

Anonymous said...

Psychfun: Try hitting refresh -- they might be getting high traffic from other places -- in fact, I think it's on the Digg main page right now. Thanks -- Joe

Anonymous said...

Sherm197:  Hi -- I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you want a new Journal under your existing screen name? If so, you can just go to the Journals main page ( http://peopleconnection.aol.com/journals ) and click the "Create Public Blog" link under your list of current blogs.

There's even a "create a blog" link at the top of every AOL Journal, you can click that too.

Thanks -- Joe (posted & mailed)