Monday, September 18, 2006

Well, I Guess That's All Folks ...

Okay folks, I guess that about does it for me. The next entry you see here should be coming from Journals Editor Jeff, who'll be tickling the keys starting tomorrow.

Before I go, I just did some checking through the Magic Smoke archive listings, and here's a few tidbits I found:

* My first blog entry here occurred on May 13, 2005

* Since then, I've posted 583 entries (well, 584 counting this one)

* That's an average of 34 entries a month

* My most prolific posting month was January, 2006, with 64 blog entries.

To get these numbers, I just went to my most recent monthly archive page, copied the monthly totals from the sidebar, and pasted them into a spreadsheet for some quick number crunching.

There are a whole bunch of other stats I could bring up -- Editors Picks and Guest Editors run, photos of myself posted, questions unanswered, outages reported (and cleared), etc.

Or, I could bring up different events -- hurricanes and terror attacks; the ads fiasco; blogger tributes; comment spammers; Live 8; and a whole lot of stories about people busted for blogging.

But, you know, the archives are going to stay right where they are, so you'll be free to relive the past whenever you feel like it. I get the feeling it won't be all that often, because Journals Editor Jeff has got a lot of great stuff planned.

As for me, I'm not going to be going that far -- all of the Community products and programming folks work pretty closely together. I'll be focused on the AIM Pages product, starting on the AIM Pages Team Blog among other things (it's currently an AOL Journal, though as noted, we're probably going to switch that to another blogging platform in the near future).

And of course, I'll need to create a new AIM Pages profile (since Jeff is going to take over the Journals Editor profile).

Anyway, thanks to everyone for making this such a great experience. Please keep blogging, and I'll see you in the funny papers.

Thanks -- Joe

Tags: ,

48 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bye Joe...Good luck on your next project..... Tawnya

Anonymous said...

::sniff:: ::boo hoo::
So sorry to see you leave.  I know you aren't going far but it seems like it.  You were (still are) a great journal editor.
Thanks so much for all the help you have ever given me and the rest of J-land.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for everything,Joe!!!   We'll be keeping an eye on ya, and best of luck:)

Kathi

Anonymous said...

Joe, you will be missed.  I surely hope Jeff is able to take the heat as well as you have.  Blessings, John's Mom - http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere

Anonymous said...

Bye Joe, thanks for everything and good luck

Anonymous said...

WE ARE GOING TO MISS YOU JOE!
HUGS,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

will miss you and your help and quick response

Anonymous said...

So sorry to see you go Joe :-(
Take care! Martha

Anonymous said...

Does that mean you wont come back to this blog ever again to write?  You have great posts about all guys of topics besides AOL bloggers needing guidance on the howtos...I think or I hope, you will at least post here on subjects that interest you. Or can you do that over there? OK, I think my fear is getting the best of me now, so I'm outta here,lol.

Anonymous said...

That stinks.  I mean, tomorrow's "Talk Like a Pirate Day."  I can't believe you're going to miss it.  

Anyway, good luck, Joe.  It's been a blast, and though you're leaving this place in very capable hands, Jeff's going to have some pretty big, fun dancing shoes to fill.  

For what it's worth, thanks for all your help.  You have no idea how many times I've come here with any number of blogging troubles to quickly and easily find the answers I've needed.  

Now, let's see if the New Guy can handle "Talk Like a Pirate Day," okay?  

Yer chum,
Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

Toodles~

Anonymous said...

Yes, Toodles, Joe!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

good luck , good bye , and thanks for everything!!
~Terry

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to see you go! Good luck and thanks!

Erika

Anonymous said...

Gonna miss you Joe! Nobody can really replace you. Ur personality was great!

Anonymous said...

sorry to see you go. thanks for everything. good luck and you will be missed.
elisa

Anonymous said...

We'll miss you... But we'll be looking for great things to be coming out of AIM pages now that your over there... No pressure or anything ;p
Bye!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Sorry to see you go Joe. In addition to being a great source for AOL Journals info, your posts were well-written and funny. Good luck!

Dan
http://journals.aol.com/slapinons/Slap-Inionscom

Anonymous said...

We will miss you!  Thanks for all your help!!
Marie

http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariebm56/PhotographsMemoriesToo

Anonymous said...

Joe,
  Thanks for all your efforts over the last sixteen months. Good luck in your new endeavour. I'll probably around your AIM profile to bug you.
-Paul

Anonymous said...

Joe, best wishes to you in the new assignment.

Bill, the Wildcat
http://journals.aol.com/knightbek/TheWildcatsLair/
http://wildcatslair.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I was sitting outside drinking my red bull and it dawned on me that my comment might be taken as sarcastic. Its was warmly written and sincerely based. I'm neurotic with needing to be understood to others. Its why the forest relieves me,lol.

Anonymous said...

RLOL..forest relieves me?....its the surreal of nature and not potty training

Anonymous said...

Thanks for everything,Joe!  You're a good egg! - Karen

Anonymous said...

We'll miss you Joe! Good luck. Did you give Jeff a list of alll the trouble makers names or are you going to let him find out on his own?

Anonymous said...

Bye Joe, good luck on your new job. We will miss you. Helen

Anonymous said...

Bye Joe; although I only contacted you a couple of times you were a great help just by reading what you had to say many times. Enjoy your new position and take care mate!!!! ttfn, Joan

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Good luck Joe!  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Best of luck Joe!

~~ jennifer

Anonymous said...

Goodbye Joe, good luck on the new job! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Good luck Joe, enjoyed your time here!
May God Bless,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Buena suerte Joe!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your new job Joe.  I've enjoyed reading your journal and thank you for all the great tips, quick responses to my questions, etc.  ~Dana~

Anonymous said...

Bye bye Joe you've been a pleasure and a treasure.
Good Luck
Luv Jayne x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/funnyface0s0/SingleGirl

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'll miss Joe. Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I'm going to miss you. Good luck and stay in touch.

Mary

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Joe.  Thank you for the help you have provided me and for the entertaining entries.  

Candy

Anonymous said...

good luck joe!

Anonymous said...

Man I really liked your advice and private helpfull emails. I am sorry you were going and gone, I had no clue:(

Anonymous said...

good luck i`ll miss you

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Good luck Joe it has been quite a year....Sandi

Anonymous said...

NOOOO!!! Don't leave us!!!!!!  

Anyhow good luck with whatever ya doing!!!

Hugs,
Chelle

Anonymous said...

What is with guys & stats?

Anonymous said...

h