Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Update on Alerts Status, Plus Scheduled Maintenance, 9/7, 4AM ET

Hi folks -- sorry, overdue on a status update: New Entry and Comment Added Alerts are still displaying problems (though, again, not for everyone); the Journals teams and the Alerts teams are poring over the relevant logs to try to find the problem.

I'm trying to help coordinate efforts, though I can't be sure I'm not just getting in the way. Indications seem to point to a problem on the Alerts back end, but it's not certain yet.

We'll keep you posted -- sorry for the inconvenience.

On an unrelated note, I just got word from the Journals database folks that they'll be working with the Journals database servers tomorrow morning during the 4-6AM ET install window, as part of normal database maintenance.

Journals will be down for about 5-10 minutes within this window, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Thanks -- Joe


Tags: , ,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi, everything was fine for me until I followed the advice of some new mates (bloggers) telling me how I could receive alerts when they were editing new topics. before that, my alert was only for myself when I received some responses from others. As soon as I went onto other journals and click on their alert, I stopped receiving the alert for the messages I was receiving for my blog. Hope it makes sense, perhaps not helpful, perhaps helpful.

Anonymous said...

I think if you go into your alerts to edit them and turn them all on again one by one, it might work.  

http://alerts.aol.com/

The last time this happened, that's what I had to do...  Then again, Joe, you might need to do another entry on feed readers, huh?  

-Dan

Anonymous said...

Asssuming you still want to know, as of 6:45 am EDT. I still am not receiving new entry alerts.  It's been almost a week now.  I know there have been new entries because I checked through my "Favorites" list.  

Anonymous said...

TY Joe & to your staff! Alerts are popping up again! :)
Sugar