Friday, September 22, 2006

Journals Outages Now Fixed


You may have noticed sporadic outages and the
infamous "blue screen of death" when you tried to read or work on AOL Journals
this morning. If you're reading this now, there's a strong chance that it's been
fixed. We may experience some residual effects while the system recovers, but we
should be all clear for now.

Stephanie Bergman, our new
Journals Product Manager, has blogged more about
the problem over at BamBam!

She's a great source of information about things going on with the
Journals product, not just heat-of-the-moment emergency posts. And as always,
we apologize for the inconvenience the outages caused.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for this info Take care.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

"the blue screen of death" ah! ah!... yes it felt like that!

Anonymous said...

Yep, I did notice the blue death screen for a while this AM. Glad it has been fixed. Helen

Anonymous said...

yes I got that lousy blue screen ugh. but On IE the journals worked fine. It was just on aol.

Anonymous said...

Yes WE  did have an outage ,now I'm behind with alerts LOL  ,and where is the spell check,thanks for keeping us informed .....Jan  

Anonymous said...

I'm seeing the spell check work fine -- is anyone else still having problems? My alerts are also in shape ...

Anonymous said...

I do not think that over in England we have the spell check facility.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I didn't mind when the journals were down.  It gave me a chance to catch up on my knitting and water the petunias.  I even baked cookies.  Should I send them to you?  They may taste a little funny because I wasn't sure how much kitty litter to add to the mix.  

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

Every time that happens, you should find some huge intern, send him over to the tech people, and have him just steady beat the hell out of him/her... while you take pictures and put them up here to assure users that the problem is being handled.