Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Bug Fixes, Open Issues 9/27/06

The Journals Team has pushed through a
few bug fixes that should address some of the problems you guys have reported
over the past few days.

I'm describing them here in brief, but, as always, Stephanie
Bergman
has more of the
story. 

Anyway:

- 'Blog This' was broken for pictures and some
other locales ... now it's
fixed.

- Your default name is no longer
"Journals"
- you should see the the correct name when you log
into your journal.

-We have not been able to solve the vanishing Edit/Update Entry/Add Entry buttons issue yet, largely because we cannot
reliably reproduce the problem. We have found that clearing your cache and
deleting your cookies can fix it, but not in all cases. This is the Web equivalent of bed rest and
chicken soup, but it works, usually.

The Journals
team is elevating the issue and pushing hard for an immediate fix. I'm happy to tell
you more as soon as I know it myself.

And, as
always, if you have any problems, please tell me immediately. When reporting a
problem, give me as much info as you can: date, approximate time, how you got to
that problem. Screenshots never hurt, either.

We sincerely
apologize for this inconvenience.

Thanks -- Jeff

 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really strange, but I haven't experienced any of these problems when updating my blog.

Anonymous said...

I still dont get why words slide together. I tried so many times to seperate them in edit mode but then they slid back together..I went into HTMl and couldnt see what the problem was,,,,also,,,last night when I would edit something after I hit save, in wouldn't save my changes,,,then I decided to edit it again and it looked perfect in in the edit box....jekyl and hyde,,,,lol...

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff,
I am still having problems with my spell check on my journal...it is not working....are there others???
carlene

Anonymous said...

thanks Jeff!
Reguards, natalie