Thursday, September 7, 2006

Journals Alerts Problems Should Be Fixed

Hi folks -- okay, so the problem with Journals New
Entry and Comment Added Alerts not being delivered should be resolved.
Sorry it took so long.

I will spare you the
technical jargon (since I don't get it myself -- it's all sybase and
switchers and OCS libraries and such) -- looks like the Ops folks made
a change on Friday, that through a chain of different processes and
systems, eventually caused Journals Alerts to stop being
delivered.

The problem was traced back and fixed
Wednesday night, so the changes should have fully propagated to all
users now. Please let me know if you're still having problems with
Journals Alerts non-delivery or any other Journals Alerts
problems.

Generally speaking, the Ops folks avoid
installing things on Fridays, especially Fridays in front of long
holiday weekends, just to avoid these kinds of situations. (Even if you
have people on-call, the exact person you need to figure out or fix
a  problem may still be unavailable.) Presumably, they thought
that the change they made last week wouldn't impact any front-end
systems, though unfortunately, it did.

Sorry for
the inconvenience.

Thanks --
Joe


Tags: , ,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, before anyone comments -- I originally pasted my entry into "Text" view instead of "HTML" view when I published -- that's why you saw the exposed HTML. I fixed it (hopefully before anyone emails me about it.) Thanks -- Joe

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the fix Joe ,it was annoying to say the least,but reasuring to know I wasnt alone,the worst part was ,that people who werent affected  didnt believe us ,and even scoffed at us ,for complaining !,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Thursday Sept 7. 1:23 pm EDT - New Entry Alerts coming through OK now.  Thanks for keeping us informed, Joe.

Anonymous said...

OK. Now can you put the tech guys to work on the broken RSS feeds? I think it's Atom feeds, in particular. I'm not getting updated feeds on most of the AOL journals I keep in Bloglines. :-/

Anonymous said...

I seem to be getting doubles of some alerts!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joe. Everything is fixed now. Even the journal that would not go away! Yay!

Anonymous said...

It's all good now! Thanks Joe! Did I mention that you rock?
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

You are da man!  Thanks for the info!  YAY we're up and running again!