Monday, July 31, 2006

A Trifling Post About Circus Peanuts

Hi folks -- hope you all had a good weekend.

Despite the raging conflict in Lebanon (which I could easily take a blog-centric look at, I just haven't yet), this month still has the hallmarks of that late July-early August summer news slowdown.

How else would you explain the widespread coverage of the Ken Jennings 'Jeopardy' thing, or as picked up by the AP newswire this weekend, a story about Circus Peanuts, the alleged 'candy.'

A lot of folks have been blogging about it.

Personally, I can't stand Circus Peanuts (this from a guy who actually kind of likes Necco Wafers).

As noted, this isn't exactly covering new ground -- Circus Peanuts were covered by The Straight Dope in 1998.

But, you can see what your neighbors in the blogosphere are saying about the orange candy-thing -- here are a few links to blog search results: BlogPulse, Technorati and Sphere.

Blogger John also gave them a mention a while back. (He don't care for 'em, either.)

Thanks -- Joe

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's either a Czech or Polish booze called Kruskovicz (I can't spell it) that tastes just like circus peanuts.  

-Dan

P.S.  Hey!  Did you know we can now do strikethrough in our journals?  Cool-Beans!

Anonymous said...

They just had a story on them on the food network. Claim they taste like bananas.  I never thought they tatsted like that.
I love them.  I think it is because they remind me of my grandmother.  She loved them.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Circus peanuts and Necco wafers are both just attempts at candy.  I always felt cheated when one of them turned out to be the "treat."

Anonymous said...

They make Necco Wafers in Boston... nasty old factory. They also make the Sweethearts Conversation ("Be Mine," etc...).