Friday, October 20, 2006

Spell Check Issues

Hey all -- just a quick update to complement Stephanie's at BamBam! Some of you have reported intermittent problem with Spell Check. And I've had intermittent problems with it my own self.

So I reported it to the people who work on Spell Check, and they're on the case. It seems that some (not all) of the machines that process Spell Check commands have, you guessed it, squirrels living inside them.

So they've been taken offline for the weekend until our squirrel wrangler comes in Monday and cleans them out. Not to worry: there should be plenty of capacity in the remaining machines to handle all Spell Check work this weekend -- and you shouldn't see any problems at all.

So really, it's a win-win: your Spell Check works, and the squirrels don't get evicted over the weekend.

As always, I'm in your corner.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I miss the former journal editor, Joe.  When I asked him questions via email, he responded.  Even if it was with a, "i'm not the right person to ask" or an "I have no idea" Being ignored is not pleasant.

Candy

Anonymous said...

Thank you for looking into this for us.  I appreciate all you do.  I've been having a few problems myself and glad to see that you've put the squirrels away, at least for the weekend.  Thanks again, Penny http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere


Anonymous said...

Thank goodness. I was not even going to try using it again. Helen

Anonymous said...

Don't care... I don't need the spell check : )

Anonymous said...

I don't use spell check, b/c whenever I have tried in the past, it ate my entry.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

question:  i want to embed a video.. but it's on on youtube, it's on my desktop from an email .. i don't particularly want to join youtube, is there a way i can embed the video without joining ??

Anonymous said...

Here's another problem

http://journals.aol.com/slapinions/Slap-Inionscom/entries/2006/10/22/wtf/1966

Anonymous said...

wat spellin prblm?
Dwana