Monday, October 9, 2006

Check Out CarnivAOL

Blogger
Plittle of Aurora Walking Vacation
 is hosting a Blog
Carnival
for
the AOL Journals Community. It's called CarnivAOL, and it's meant
to be a showcase of the very best writing the J-Land community has to offer.

From Paul's
submission guidelines:

The purpose of this journal is not to highlight journalers,
or their journals, as a whole. That's what the weekly editor's picks are for.

What a blog carnival does is highlight specific journal posts. Journal
posts that you have written that you think you did a great job on. Posts that
rise above the general level of discourse on your journal. Posts that address a
sensitive or important topic in a thoughtful manner. Posts that you want more
people to read than have so far.

And remember, this is a carnival of vanity. Don't wait for someone
else to recommend you (although I have no problem with third party submissions).
Submit your own work. Blow your own horn. Say, "I wrote this, and damnit, I
think it's pretty
good."

Go nuts, people! If I understand this correctly, the next CarnivAOL
post comes out October 17th. Get cracking and start your keys clacking
... and if you have your own Blog Carnival, or collection of Journals content going, please let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a good idea and I can't wait to follow the development of this project... but I won't participate, I can't write something proper...
Thanks for the link
Cheers,
Valerie