Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Journals Now Less Slow

Hey folks ... you reported slowness in the Journals product last night, and we got on it. As I understand it, there was a server problem at the banner ad end, and that has been fixed.

Everything was fine this morning, and now some of you are reporting some more slowness issues. I'm talking to the ad people some more, and they're looking into it. Again.

While I have your attention:

A few of you have emailed me, asking who exactly the hell is Stephanie Bergman, Product Manager? Well, I'd tell you -- but Stephanie is great at talking about herself, and I'd hate to rob her of the pleasure. (She knows I like her as a person, and can take my trash talk.)

So check out her bio post ... AOL Journals community, meet Stephanie Bergman.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a lie.  They are still slow...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Dawn -- Let me clarify something for you. A lie is something that is meant to intentionally deceive. If you disagree with that post, fine, just tell me I am mistaken -- we'll get a long a lot better that way.

Anonymous said...

And, you took my comment way too seriously.  The end.  Sorry, I won't comment anymore.

be well and good luck,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Do they still allow us to add voice entries on our journal?  I remember at one point you could if you were signed up with the AOL by Phone plan.  I suggest you now allow anyone with AIM digits to leave a voicemail entry on their blog.  What do you think?

http://journals.aol.com/chrisuab/noseriously

Anonymous said...

Dawn, just wanted to apologize for my tone and the way that I responded to your comment. It was really inappropriate, and I realize that I overreacted. I took what you said way too personally instead of focusing on fixing the actual problem. (Which I hope is working for you now, please let me know if you continue to see any problems.)

Sincerely, Jeff