Friday, September 16, 2005

An Update on Missing YGP Photos

Hi folks...here's an update on the problem of some folks missing YGP
photos from their Journals. (Note that this isn't the problem of
"broken" images, which can happen if you copy and paste the URL of a
YGP pic and insert it into your Journal -- this may work for a while,
but if the URL changes on the back end, it'll cause your image to
break; this is a problem where the YGP module vanishes from the page
entirely.)



The YGP teams and the Journals teams banged their heads together to
figure this one out. It looks like a Journals database problem that
affected some people after the big database transition.



The
good news
is, if they're right, your YGP photos should still be there
(just not showing up in your Journals).



Here's the workaround:



1. Edit your old entry (or create a new one)

2. Click the blue "Add Pictures" button

3. In the selector screen that appears, click the second tab, the one
that says "My Pictures on AOL"; that should show you all of your YGP
albums, and if the tech folks are right, your missing photos should
still be there.

(3b. Another way to view your YGP photo albums is to go to http://pictures.aol.com and view your albums from there.)

4. If your photos are still there, you can add them back to your Journal entries.



Like I said, it's a workaround. The tech folks are still investigating,
but if you want to see your photos, it would probably be quicker if you
added them back in using the method above. A pain, I know -- sorry for
the inconvenience.



If you don't see your YGP Journal photos in your YGP albums, please let me know.



Thanks. -- Joe

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is exactly what I did...added them back, they weren't gone for good, just gone from the journal entry.  

Anonymous said...

I don't have a journal, but I do have pictures missing from YGP. They were there for several years and, poof, they were gone. And some of these were important pictures! I'm so disappointed.

Anonymous said...

Hi -- I would suggest going directly to http://pictures.aol.com and seeing if you can still see the albums with your photos in there. If they're not showing up, try reaching out to the AOL Pictures team -- their blog is: http://journals.aol.com/aolpictures/AOLPictures

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks -- Joe (posted & mailed)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I cannot get anything, the only thing that I get is AOL search with you on, no pictures at all, please help. thanks.

Anonymous said...

went on tues nigth 2 send a pictures but not a thing there but ???? YGP????? so i sent to aol and ive had no help to get my pictures back not even a email from them and its now thru-nite.whats going no .my pictures has been taking over the years and can not be GOT AGAIN,

Anonymous said...

Hi folks -- I'm not aware of any current AOL Pictures problems, and I can't really tell what problems you're reporting. I suggest you ask over at the AOL Pictures blog -- they should know what's going on:
http://journals.aol.com/aolpictures/AOLPictures/

Thanks -- Joe