Monday, September 19, 2005

Avast! Heave to and Prepare to Be Blogged! Arrrr!

Arrr. Pirate Editor Joe



Ahoy, mateys! This here being Talk Like a Pirate Day, ya hereby be directed to set a course for pirate-invested waters. Smartly!

First, you'll want to learn the lingo.

Then, make your regular name walk the plank and get your own pirate name; I, for example, am either Ham-Hands Casey or Cap'n Milt Swiftknife.

Next, even if your co-workers...er, shipmates don't have a Jolly Roger
(that's a pirate flag for you land-lubbers) handily stashed away, you
can still dress the part. Any basic drugstore will have an eyepatch
(not to mention the ever-earlier Halloween displays); that and a
bandana will take you far. So assemble a raiding party on your lunch
break.


Now that you're a proper pirate, take a photo of yourselves and go muster up with Cap'n John in the Monday Photo Shoot


Have at it! Arrr! -- Cap'n Milt Swiftknife.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA HA .. I never saw a pirate that wore glasses AND a eye patch!  Julie :)

Anonymous said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

LMAO!  er...I mean Shiver me Timbers!

Anonymous said...

Timber me Shivers. Arrrrrrg... What ya say we drinks the grog tills we can't drinks no more than we have our way with all the busty winches! Arrrrrrg!!!

Anonymous said...

AAARRRGGG
sailor....that would be....BUSTY WENCHES!!!!   Happy talk like a pirate day!!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! that's great!

Anonymous said...

Avast ye landlubbers! arr arr.. I have me a demon cat who thinks she be a parrot and sits on me shoulder..arrg...

Anonymous said...

Ahoy!  Black Rose Katie Specks were in disguise today, but tonight it be a different story!  Arr! - Kate
http://journals.aol.com/mavarin/MusingsfromMavarin/entries/2008

Anonymous said...

ARRRR Matie...by the looks of yar eyecover thar...ye be of the Rodeo crew...mightily born ship she is!  Consider this yar chance to jump ship to the likes of this:;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Doncha be worried, mate, I "arrghed" and "avasted" the long day through.

Anonymous said...

Dear Joe,
Ahoy(frownin' an' uping me courage by lookin' at Ye' with me eyeglass...)
Ahhh Joseph! It's me ..Lindesy the Pink ..lol....
und' I've lost teh Gale, Matey,... backing upa bit...
Smooth sailing Matey!(wink)
hugs ,natalie

Anonymous said...

AAI, MY MATEY, OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!BE DONE WITH  YA!! WALK THE PLANK MATEY! BY THE WAY, WHERES YOUR PARROTT???