Wednesday, May 28, 2008

How to create a blog dashboard, using AOL Journals and myAOL

Krissy made a comment in the last post on how to create the dashboard I described.

Using myAOL, you can create a page just the way you want it - it's easy to customize, move around content and add new widgets (like the Gas Price one described below).

Here's the 3 steps to start your "dashboard"

1)  Goto the AOL Journal you want to add to your myAOL page
     Click on the "Feeds" link - it's in the right hand corner
  

2)  You'll see the dialog below.
      Click on the "myAOL" button to add this blog to your myAOL page.
    
3)  Now you will see a message that looks like the one below (except it will
     show the last updates to the blog - the one below shows Magic Smoke)
     This has been added to the myAOL page.


      Click "myAOL" and you will see the widget added to your page.
      To goto your dashboard, simply enter http://my.aol.com

That's it.   Let me know if you have more questions!

--Will @ Willspeaking.com

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

it worked!! I tried it just as you described it and it worked!!

thanks!

betty

Anonymous said...

Thanks Will!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink
 

Anonymous said...

My problem with my aol is I cannot redo my favorites page. I am stuck with what is on it.

Anonymous said...

Once you add something you cannot delete it

Anonymous said...

You can delete anything from myAOL - just click the "X" that is on the widget that shows the blog highlights.   Let me know if you need more info

Anonymous said...

Oh, so THAT's how I added one non-AOL journal, one day, and why that 's the only journal/blog showing up there NOW.  Now, to remember how to get to myAOL page, as in, when not via the link you gave the other day that had me confuzzled for a moment (b/c I thought it was just to the gas widget thing).  The myAOL feature is still too new, so thank you for helping us attempt to comprehend it:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds easy enough.  -  Barbara