Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Bloggers Creed Challenge

                                          

We here in J-land try to uphold certain standard, however they have never been written down.  Below I have written a creed by which I write and journal/blog by.  It is my hope that everyone in J-Land would live up to these standards.  However I know that there are folks out there called "trolls" that cause a great deal of upset to many.  Perhaps if they have a written standard to go by they will choose to behave in a more productive way.  Additionally, it is my hope that it will empower those hurt by "trolls" to stand up for themselves and politely dismiss the bothersome troll.

 

The Bloggers Creed

 


I believe in free speech.

I will choose my words carefully so that my thoughts are fully expressed in order that you may form a clear understanding of what I am saying.

I promise all that I write are my original thoughts and writings.

I will not claim others work as my own.

When necessary I will obtain permission for using other work.

I enjoy sharing my point of view and learning yours.

I may not agree with what you say, but I believe you have the right to say it.

When I respond to comments or blog entries, I promise to do so with dignity and respect.

I will stop and comment as often as I can.

I enjoy when you stop and comment on my blog and will respond when appropriate and as timely as possible.

Blogging is a right and privilege, it is not a commitment.  This forms a mutual understanding that there will be times of ebb and flow both in my blog and my ability to visit yours.

I am human and I will make mistakes.  When this happens please be gentle with me when you point out my mistakes.  I promise to do the same for you.

I believe that blogging has the power to bring people together, add to the common good, promote understanding and empower the individual.

 

I promise to practice this creed and share it with others.

 

~Rosemary Gandolfo  5/22/08

Please give credit to author and artists

 

Today is a three part challenge.

 

Part 1:

Snag this link or sidebar tag: The Bloggers Creed      

 

                                                  

 

Add it to your side bar so that anyone who visits your blog will know that you have standards and expect those that comment to have the same.

 

Part 2:

If you would like something added to the creed, please contact me.  It is my hope that we can have a uniform creed to live by.

 

Part 3:

Any folks out there who like to do tags and are interested in producing a tag for this (in addition to the one that is here), please send me your ideas.  I would love to add a variety of side bar tags for this.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this creed, Rosemary; I'm snagging it for my side bar

betty

Anonymous said...

Great idea.  Hope it makes a difference.  I'm adding to my side bar.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

snagged for my sidebar...love the idea.
thanks
cindi

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I snaged the tag. I really like this idea, thanks.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

i'm not very proficient computerwise
so this talk about side bars and tags is Greek to me
but if i may add my 2 cents
the creed is cool !
larry.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

A very nice thought, idea and suggestion.  I wll snag and I will put the graphic in my side bar with a link to this entry.  I'm private, so not many will see ... but the ones who do will appreciate it.  Thank  you.

Anonymous said...

I really like the creed and will definitely link and post the Creed on my sidebar.  Thank you . . . we have needed to show this.  Blessings, Penny  http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere
http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/TimeforaLittlePoetry

Anonymous said...

Cool idea! I'll add it to my sidebar. (((HUGS))) -Missy http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF