Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Feature Focus : Dashboard for Blogs and a Gas Price Widget on myAOL

myAOL is one of the sister products from AOL.  It can be very useful for bloggers. On myAOL, you can also add your favorite blogs to the page (click here to add Magic Smoke).  
It can be used as a dashboard to quickly scan the headlines of your
favorite blogs.  You can add your own blogs or other peoples.  On my
page, I have the headlines from my favorite blogs and scan them at least twice a day.  

But my personal favorite is the Gas Price Widget,   This shows the cheapest gas price in your area.    With gas prices over $4, I like to know the cheapest place.




--Will @ willspeaking.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We paid $4.09 last night in Gaithersburg (next station had $4.03).  I wouldn't have stopped at the more expensive one, but, I didn't pay for it:)

I'm still not too familiar with myAOL, and appreciate hearing these types of details / input.  I'll try this when I ahve more time.

(Admittedly, I'll fine it interesting to see the picture itself follow the rules in the "name that caption" contest.)

Anonymous said...

Hi Will!  I was wondering where in myAOL you add your fave blogs?  This would grately reduce having me to have so many alerts coming in.  But I don't see where to add them.  Perhaps I am not computer savvy enough, LOL.  Also, what are the differences between bookmarks and feeds?  I guess the feeds give you the whole entry?  I mean each entry for a particular blog?  How do you sign up for more than one blog?  Oh, I guess I have too many questions!  Sorry, just learning about some things here...  But trying to manage all my alerts better...

Thanks for being so very helpful, Will :)

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink