Thursday, May 1, 2008

Challenge to Honor Guido

I'm postponing what I had written to post for today. 
                                    

 

Guido from Northern Trip has lost his dear mother.  Guido always touches my heart with his ability to give honor and time both to J-land and to his waking world around him.  He always has mastered the practice of bringing both together and shareing it with us.

 

Additionally, he is a leader in guiding us to support each other in both of our worlds.  He realizes that the words we use here, will carry with us into our lives and to those that we encounter on a day to day basis.

 

Today's challenge is this.  Drop by Call for Support AND/OR Northern Trip and let Guido know you are thinking of him. (many of you have already done this.)

 

AND...

 

Although we can only offer prayers and words of kindness to Guido, we can offer acts of kindness to those around us.  Guido has asked us to do this often.

 

This challenge is in honor of Guido.   Look to the world around you. Between now and next Thursday, find one person you meet, someone you do not already know,  and offer them support.  Perhaps it is opening a door, letting them pass you in line (cue for out European friends), help them find their way if they are lost, offering kind words, or simply whispering a prayer silently for someone you feel really needs it or better yet, someone you feel doesn't!  Basically, show someone you care.  Someone who doesn't already know.

 

Perhaps someone you are offering kindness to might be someon Guido meets along his way home to bid his mother farewell.

 

Please share your experience below so that we can learn from you and perhaps get ideas we didn't think of. 

 

If you take this weeks challenge please let me know and snag the tag below and add it to your  sidebar. 

 

Till next Thursday! 

 

PS   I will be catching up with those of you from last week.  I am a bit behind because of vacation, but please know I have not forgotten.

 

                                                 

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing I like to do online is make tags for people with pics of their newborn grandchild- or a pet that passed away-words of encouragement for some one who is having a bad day-or just a bright sunny hello and e-mail them to them.If people want to they can go to photobucket and type in anything-like ' birthday cake' and get all  kinds of tags to send someone to cheer their day.
connie

Anonymous said...

I always try to be supportive to everyone!  I like to send personal little notes letting that person know I care.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for his loss, my mom is passed too, so I know all too well how devasting it feels.
Random acts of kindness make us all better people and the world a better place.

Anonymous said...

It's been a sad time in JLand this past week Mary(Frank & Mary) lost her father at the weekend and now Guido, has lost his Mother, there are a lot of us who know's how this feels and the devestating effect it can have on the family unit. I have seen today and last week with Mary massive support from the JLand community, for two of our popular members, and it just proves to me how strong we are in support of one another, when times are bad, and a kind word, e-mail, phone is made to show we care.


Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Rosemary...I did this just today.  Go read my entry!!

http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/notions-of-nancy/

How weird.

xo,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I'm like Missie, I try to look around and help people who need help, encouragement, support; I let let people go first in line before me if I have a lot of items and they have only one or two etc

but I did hold open the door this morning for a lady bringing in her sick cat to the vet while I was waiting for Koda to get his shot

this was a wonderful tribute to Guido, Rosemary; he really does a lot for J-Land; I am sorry for his loss; always hard to lose your mom

betty

Anonymous said...

I'll take you up on that challenge.... I usually try to do random acts of kindness anyway... but my challenge this week is to find one to do everyday!!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

I'm like many people here. I do random acts of kindness everyday. I try to be nice to everyone, (even if they don't always appreciate it.)
But I will try extra hard this week.
Great entry.  
Hugs
Carolxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Something I try to do in my everday life and will now think of Guido when given the opportunity of helping another person.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

What a nice  tribute to Guido, he has done so much for J-Land.   Dawn


http://journals.aol.com/adlessor/ACoupleofNomads/