Thursday, May 29, 2008

Every Day Hero's

I found this inspiring story and wanted to share it with everyone here in J-Land.  Please forward this information to as many people as possible.


Many times we hear of the horrible situations kids are living in, or have died in, because of child abuse.  There are so many times that I wish there was something I could have done.  I know people who work in the system that tries to protect these children.  They work hard, long hours.  They are overworked and under paid and still they try their best.  They need help.  You can make a difference. You can help end child abuse and keep kids safe.


There is a group called CASA, Child Appointed Special Advocates that trains people to work with these children and help protect them.  The training only takes 30 hours and the time commitment is 10 hours per month.  If you have been considering any kind of volunteer work I urge you to look into this opportunity.  For more information watch the video clip below and then visit this web site http://www.nationalcasa.org/index.asp.  I certainly plan on it.



 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!  

nancy

Anonymous said...

I will be sharing this story as well.
Laini

Anonymous said...

Ok, my eyes are tearing now. I will share this story as well.

Anonymous said...

Sharing and caring
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I actually got the info on this several months back but life got hectic and I never did anything with it.  Maybe it's time.....

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

thanks Rosemary for posting this; I was going to sign up for CASA when we lived in Orange County but they had a 2-year commitment clause and I wasn't sure we would be there for 2 years (we were 1-month short) but I bet they have it here where I live now and we are planning to be here for at least 2-3 years

thank you!! totally forgot about it until you mentioned it and I've been thinking about what ministry the Lord might want me to be involved in; as I have a passion for youth and lost youth, this could be it

betty

Anonymous said...

I have actually been wanting to do some volunteer work. I signed up at the Rescue Mission and that turned out to be an aggravating experience. I think I may try the SPCA... This seems to be a wonderful thing to do for someone who works well with children, I unfortunatley do not, my son is about the only kid I can get a long with lol. I can pass this information along though.. it is a wonderful thing! (((HUGS))) -Missy