Thursday, April 10, 2008

Olympics : Too much protesting?


Photo:nydailynews

I wonder what follow readers of this blog think about the Olympics.

Yesterday, the Olympic torch was lead through San Francisco.   A lot of security was in place to ensure the protestors did not "blow out the light".     In the end, the route was changed and it was successful. Except if you were one of the poor thousand of people who just wanted to see the torch but could not because the route was changed.

What do you think?   I wonder if this too much protesting is in the way of this event.

--Will Morris
Blog: Willspeaking


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the whole thing is just pure nonsense as I've stated in my blog! It makes it look a mockery and why hold the Olympics there when they have such violence anyway? Right now we are making ourselves look foolish with this torch! As you can see, I have my own solution for that!

Anonymous said...

I voted ....there were many protests in London at the weekend ,here in the UK . love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Whether we want it or not, politics will always intrude into the Olympics. It started in earnest in 1936 and has never been far away.

Anonymous said...

I would like to recommend that Magic Smoke keep true to it origins, and not become an outlet for political dialogue.

Anonymous said...

I am with you bucko

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I agree with bucko. This is something best posted in your personal journal. Magic Smoke is for community related things. Let's keep politics and religion out of it.
-Paul
http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

Anonymous said...

I cannot turn a blind eye to human rights abuses.  Magic Smoke is an ideal place to voice an opinion.  Here is a video about Human Rights Abuses going on in China today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWLvrErGKRY

John Knox
http://journals.aol.com/johneknox/too-stubborn-to-die

Anonymous said...

I agree with Buckoclown. Once we open this Pandora's Box, where will it stop? There are too many issues and subjects that are current and relevant, but do not belong in this forum. If I wanted to read a political journal, I'd subscribe to one. Please, people, don't open this up to this kind of controversy.
Vicki