Friday, April 25, 2008

Guest Editor Picks 04/25/2008


Koda and me are so thrilled to be the Guest Editors for the week of 04/25/2008!! Thank you Vish and Magic Smoke for this wonderful honor.


Briefly, I'm Betty, I've been blogging off and on for about 3 years, my first journal was Of Minipaws and Menopause; then my next one was A Corgi In Southern California, then I took a break from journaling for 15 months due to some family stress, but in December of this past year Koda and me came back with Koda's Corgi Tales. We've had fun reconnecting with old friends and finding some new journals too.  We live in Southern California close to the beach but next month are moving inland about 45 miles away from where we live now due to my husband getting a new job.  In my journal I write a lot about my faith, I love the Lord, and silly things Koda does. He is one spoiled corgi pup.


Here are my picks for the week.  I follow so many different journals and all of them are my favorites. I like names of journals; the unusual ones intrigue me, some of my picks are because of their names, some of them just because I like the journals and the people who write them.  All the journals I read, I'm so honored to be able to be a part of their lives.


I started following Kelli's NoonMom journal back in the summer of 2006, she is a mom with 3 teens and her husband served in the military. She is active with supporting the troops in her local town and making quilts for troops being deployed.  She is funny and candid and recently took us on a road trip throughout the country and world where she picked up various J-Landers in her RV and yacht. 


Laini at Love From Iraq is a new journal I started following about 2 months ago. Late one night I happened to look on the Journal Main page and saw her journal in one that was recently updated. Intrigued by the name, I clicked it on and became an avid follower since then. Her husband is currently serving in Iraq, is home on leave until next week, and both of them are very much in love with each other and devoted to each other plus share a wonderful faith.  I have learned so much about her religion as she is so open to share it with others.


Lucille at Day-to-Day-Life-by-Lucille4364 intrigued me with her name of her journal because my mother-in-law's name is Lucille.  This Lucille is a delightful older woman, I'll let her tell how old she is, who talks to her readers when she writes her entries and includes each of us in her entries often.  I like to read about her life with her husband and their dog, Spunky.


Mark over at Stars Like Grains of Sand in My Pocket writes very insightful, deep entries about his life.  He was a former professional fighter and is currently getting ready to leave a relationship.  I always have to read his entries twice to fully understand what he's saying; I like that, it makes me think and he usually gives me something to think about long after I'm done reading his journal.


Sherry at Sherry's Weight Loss Journey is very motivational in her weight loss efforts and doesn't let anything get her down in pursuing that goal.  If she gains, she doesn't stress about it, if she loses she's happy about it. I like that attitude and the great fitness and weight loss tips she gives.  She is also busy raising 3 teens and taking care of her elderly father. Always a delightful read.


Monica over at Mamarazzi's is a professional photographer with her husband, Sonny.  This journal is where she displays her awesome photos and runs her photo challenge "Every Picture Tells A Story".  She is currently on vacation til next week visiting her sweet grandchildren, but challenges will be resuming the first part of May.  Her pictures are breath-taking to view.


Thank you for letting me be part of this wonderful experience. To each journal that I follow, thank you for allowing me into your life.



21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Betty and Koda, on being chosen as this week's Guest Editor's. I will pop round the journals and wish them well. Love Pam xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pamal3/almost-40/

Anonymous said...

Congratulatons on being this weeks "Guest Editor" I will visit them over the next couple of days.

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Betty~Good job! Most I never heard of so I can check new ones. That Korgi...sooooooooooo cute. I hope to get a new dog soon after I get my kitty in to the Vet in May. Take care~Deb ;-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being guest editor.
Missie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Good job Betty and Congrats on being guest editor.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being Guest Editor. I will go visit your recommended journals.
Have a great day..
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hooooorah for Koda and Betty!  Great picks!

Anonymous said...

Great Job Betty...keeping us all on our toes as ususal!

God bless-
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being Guest Editor!! (((HUGS))) -Missy (MISSYZSTUFF)

Anonymous said...

Hey Koda, lookking good. But I have been told; I can't give you anymore Peanut treats : Mazol Tov on being chosen as guest edition.
Mark and Laini

Anonymous said...

Congratulations  on being chosen Guest Editor Betty! I hope many new people will discover what a gem you are, and start following you & Koda as you travel through life in your little corner of the world :)

There were a couple of picks on here I don't know...so I'll be checking them out as soon as I get caught up!!

Love & Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being guest editor!  And THANK-YOU for the nod!  Now I really feel like I have to produce the good stuff, LOL.  The Mamarazzi is my play around photos. :-)  Anyway, I'm off to check out some of the journals you mentioned that I don't know.  Again, thank you for the nod - it's appreciated!

Monica

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being guest editor Betty! You have some great picks here and the ones I don't know I'll be checking out soon!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulation!!!....YOu deserve it, you have a good Blog..., Jack

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being Guest Editor Betty.

Jeanie   xxxx

Anonymous said...

I love the picks Betty and will have to go and check them all out!!!  Great choices!!!!!!!
Lisa : )

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being picked xx  

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Good job, Koda (and Betty!!)  LOL!!!  Congrats on being guest editor!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Good job Koda and Betty-congrats and hugs
connie

Anonymous said...

I love your picks!!!  Yay!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/