Friday, April 18, 2008

Feature Spotlight: Video Blogging

AOL Journals has a cool feature that allows you to "Video Blog". This allows you to make your blogging even more fun!    

You can do this in three ways:
1) Upload a video from your machine. Maybe you went to a party, and have a video to share.  Upload, and after a few minutes it will appear in your blog!

2) Embed. This is a technical term but means adding a video you've seen from another site (like youtube) to your blog. 

3) Finally, you can record directly from your web cam.  This is really fun. Imagine giving your bloggers an update but instead of it being written, they see you!    The video below is an example.  Practice will make perfect with this feature, but just imagine what you can try and do here!




Update:  Joe wrote "How to" guides on video blogging that cover some of the comments left in this entry.   See "How to embed videos from Youtube" and "How to add webcam video"

Enjoy!
-Will
http://willspeaking.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Done the embed thing from youtube.  Not videos of myself of course.  But if I wanted to do one of myself I wouldn't know how to do it.  I don't own a webcam.  I don't have a video recorder either.  My digital camera broke too, LOL (it had a moving setting on it).  If the next digicam I bought did contain a movie setting, and I took a little movie of myself or something else, how would I translate this onto my blog?

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

That was a cute thing! I think that I will try it, it looks fun....

Tawnya

Anonymous said...

i lov eyou ok to day

Anonymous said...

Vish/Mali, would lie to do this with some of the grandchildrens video that I have in my Kodak album. I have no idea how to get them into my journal/blog. Suspect I need to use the add pictures but I can figure out the steps to do that. Is there a tutorial somewhere that you could refer me to? Bill

Anonymous said...

Yeah it would be nice if dial up would allow it. (((HUGS))) -Missy http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF