Saturday, April 12, 2008

Feature Spotlight: Mobile Blogging


One very good feature of AOL Journals is the ability to submit posts using your mobile device and by email.   It's been covered before by Joe, but I thought I'd highlight it again.

A real example is when I traveled to Europe in the past 2 weeks, I was able to do blog posts without sitting at my PC at home.  I did this by using the Mobile Blogging feature. See my entries on my blog here, the past 2 weeks have used this feature.

What does it do?

MoBlogging allows you to submit posts,  videos and photos to your blog. It will assign you a special email address. When you use this email address from your phone, you can easily write blog entries "on the go".      In addition, since MoBlogging gives you an email address, you can add blog entries using anything that can send to an email address.  It's really simple!

What does it allow?
You can write new posts and the post can contain photos and even videos.   These should all show up in the blog post.

How can I use it?
Goto "Edit Journal"
Then select "Moblogging - Post to your Journal on the go"
You'll get an email address. Use this email address to add new posts.
E.g. if you take a photo on your phone, and want to submit it, simply send it to the email address assigned to you.

Give it a try!

--Will @ willspeaking.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

MoBlogging would be great if I were in desparate desire to do an entry, but other than that, I wouldn't use it.  No editing = no thank you!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to clarify the statement "you can't edit an existing post". You can create a new entry using Moblogging AND you CAN edit that entry, just like any other entry. What Will means here, is that you can only create a new entry, not edit one of your  existing entries. Hope that is a little more clear.

Vish  

Anonymous said...

I understood what he meant, but thanks for clarifying, Vish.

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Not in the UK :-(

Anonymous said...

oops.... I will correct that Krissy

Anonymous said...

Not that my pollen-filled head can quite comprehend the how-to of this, yet, being I wouldn't know how to send an e-mail on my cell phone which I THINK is how this works?, or I think it also means that I could be on any e-mail of my own, and send an e-mail to this "special e-mail" and it'd post on whichever of my aol journals I chose.  Really cool and sometime I'll figure that feature out.

BUT -- wanting to point out that THIS is what I like Magic Smoke to be about.  I like Magic Smoke to be newsy, to keep us abreast of the ins and outs and what we can do and happenings related to AOL journals.  I find the rest to be more filler.  So, thanks for the reminder on this feature!